Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CRSX Financial Planner
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was doing a little work on a friend of mines rsx yesterday and I was presented with a good opportunity to compare 303 Aerospace Protectant and Mothers Back to Black.

A bad spot on the rsx is always the side mirror trim and his was definitely no exception. You cant go wrong with either product and they both serve their respective purposes quite well but none the less I wanted to see which was better at resorting exterior black trim. Thought I would share with you guys.

Here is the side mirror after I applied the 303

And here is the side mirror after Ive applied both products. 303 on top and Mothers on the lower part.

So the mothers was definitely a better product all around for resorting the black exterior trim. Its easier to apply giving a more even coat and also comes out darker than the 303. 303 is still a very good product and is a lot more versatile than Mothers but if restoring exterior trim is your only concern then Mothers Back to Black is the way to go.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'm telling you the best is the Refinsh Restorer linked to above. Last 8-12 months, after it's dried for 24 hours it's done. It doesn't wash off easy, it doesn't attract dust and dirt like mothers does.

·
CRSX Financial Planner
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm telling you the best is the Refinsh Restorer linked to above. Last 8-12 months, after it's dried for 24 hours it's done. It doesn't wash off easy, it doesn't attract dust and dirt like mothers does.
Thanks for the link. I'm not really trying to find the absolute best restorer or compare a bunch of different products. I just happened to have 2 different products in my arsenal that I felt like comparing to one another. I can vouch for the 303 Aerospace Protectant offering long term protection. The Mothers I just picked up so I will watch to see the long term results on my own, but I anticipate it will fade quickly as mentioned above.

Personally what I did to restore the other side mirror is I used the Mothers first to restore it and then did a second pass with the 303 to provide UV protection on top. I would recommend this method to anyone who has both or similar products as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.