Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where or what kinda shops sell a strip of black vinyl? i need it to finish off the dot matrix for my tints in the rear window. the guy is chargin me an extra 20 bucks for him to put it on..fuck outta here! im gonna attempt to do it myself. the way he put on the tints, i could've done it myself as well. he just used a bunch of soapy water, heat gun, and a card to smooth everything out.

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
i got the place that did my tints to put the black vinyl on. I asked them about it before i tinted it and they said if the bubbling didnt go away in 2 weeks then they'll go ahead and put the vinyl on for me at no cost

·
Registered
283 Posts
i got tinted over the dot matrix. and yes it is "silvery" like kabe said. i'll try and get some pics posted when i get home later today.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MSRSX said:
Try Grafik Dezine in Deer Park. I've had my banner, stickers, tint & custom graphics done there. They do awesome work and their prices aren't bad.

http://www.grafikdezine.com

:thumbsup:
i just called them and they said that they go over the dot matrix and it doesn't look good. they only have 20% and 35% tints. $145 for whole rsx. :dontknow: how did they handle your dot matrix? their website description sounds like they do a quality job. but im still not sure..kinda far too

·
Living it up!
103 Posts
I don't get it... I know what the issue is, but where does the vynil come in? Is it installed on the insire or the outside of the car? Does it look anythin glike this?

BTW.. yeah, that's my other car...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OWN3D!!1 said:
I don't get it... I know what the issue is, but where does the vynil come in? Is it installed on the insire or the outside of the car? Does it look anythin glike this?

BTW.. yeah, that's my other car...
think of that but in black in the inside of the car covering the dots at the top of your rear window

·
Living it up!
103 Posts
acuRaSX said:
think of that but in black in the inside of the car covering the dots at the top of your rear window
Ohh, if that's teh case, then this is real easy to install. That is to say, if you've done tint installs before, this should be cake. If you've never done them before then I'd suggest either you practive on other small smoothe surfaces first before ruining a big piece of vynil.

I intalled the vynil on my MX6 on the front and rear window and also mirror film under the car. It'a not hard as long as you're careful and know what you're doing.

·
QUICKCHICK
8 Posts
acuRaSX said:
i just called them and they said that they go over the dot matrix and it doesn't look good. they only have 20% and 35% tints. $145 for whole rsx. :dontknow: how did they handle your dot matrix? their website description sounds like they do a quality job. but im still not sure..kinda far too
They tinted over the dot matrix, and I think it looks great. It's not perfect, but you can't tell unless you get really close.
I tried to find some up close pics, but this is all I could find -

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
all the sunshine in those pictures..cant wait til summer!!!!!!!! tired of this wack weather in nyc. hot rsx btw msrsx. havent seen too many ladies hookin up their rsx's with a slight clue of what they're doin..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.