Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
WW
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I joined clubsciontc.com for my girlfriend to help her find ideal parts for her car and to get an idea on what other tC's are like. As I was searching around, I found this profile on there that is saying he is pushing 250+ hp, and 225+ torque. I saw his "modifications" and I immediately laughed at those #'s, and decided to comment him. I probably should had just left him alone, but I was really curious what he would say. He also said that he has beaten modded S2000's, Integra GRS, RSX Type S with i/h/e/ecu. I also know that we can beat the TRD Supercharged TC at 200 hp, and I have learned from all the people on here, what basic bolt ons will do. So I want some feedbacks from people who actually know what their talking about, clubrsx members. We all know the Scion tC's aren't great, but give me a break.

This is the details that he has posted on his profile:

Car Details
Horsepower 250+
Torque 225+
Engine Type 2.4 DOHC VVT-I
ECU Tri-Phase performance module
Weight 2905 lbs
Brakes Stock
Tires Stock
Wheels 17" Original
Suspension TRD rear Swaybar, TRD lowering springs, DC- Sport Strutbar,
Engine DC-sport headers, K&N Typhoon CAI,Custom 2,5" S-pipe, Agency power Crank pulley,Turbonator, Nology Hotwires, TRD performance oil filter, NGK Iridium plugs, Custom Air
Exterior TC Custom spoiler, Mudguards, 35% tinted, Aluminium painted Calipers
Interior Raptor performance shift light
Drivetrain Fidanza lightweight Flywheel, SPEC stage II performance clutch, Perrin Short Shifter
Audio Original
Future Mods Ingalls torque damper
1/4 Times didn't went to track yet

I like how he talks as if he were a 3rd grader, and uses "headers" instead of header. We all know that they don't have more than 4 cyls! So I just want to hear some feedback, as I, being also an unexperienced young driver would like to hear from the pros. Thanks..

http://www.clubsciontc.com/fastTC - His profile.

·
Registered
579 Posts
My general rule is never to argue with idiots...they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

·
WW
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha thats great.... and very treu they are just banking on the idea you won't know either lol
I had a friend of mine, who had said he had VVT-I. I was like alright.. most cars today come with variable valve timing... He was like.. no... the I, it stands for intelligent. I was like.. hmm what is I-VTEC, and than my bimmer friends went off on him b/c most of them hate little japanese cars like ours, and were like DUAL-VANOS. Just go to bimmerforums, all they do is dis in vtec and talk about dual-vanos. A lot of the people on clubsciontc.com seem like morons though. A bunch of kids to my guess.

·
Registered
13,538 Posts
250 hp 250 lb-ft on stock tires.

right.

dude he'll own you, he's got the turbonator.

:shady:

Tri-Phase performance module :lawl:

jokes on him I have a quad-phase performance module

link to product:
http://www.nextlevelracing.com/

I spent 3 grand four weeks ago, according to his logic, I should have 400 hp and 350 lb ft tq.

I don't know how they let retards drive.

·
Registered
200 Posts
250 hp 250 lb-ft on stock tires.

right.

dude he'll own you, he's got the turbonator.

:shady:

Tri-Phase performance module :lawl:

jokes on him I have a quad-phase performance module

link to product:
http://www.nextlevelracing.com/

I spend 3 grand four weeks ago, according to his logic, I should have 400 hp and 350 lb ft tq.

I don't know how they let retards drive.

Yeah but do you have a Flux capacitor and an inertia dampeners.

·
FDA Approved
668 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Turbonator:rotfl: (x1000). "Supercharge any car in 5 minutes(with something with trubo in it's name), with a 31% increase in gas efficiency and car powuh!

Seriously though, that guy's an idiot. Maybe that's why he thinks his tC is something fast.:shakehead

·
FDA Approved
668 Posts

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
The # of cylinders is irrelevant. It's the # of heads that decide the header count.
:iamwiths:

Either way I always find it annoying when people rag on other people about saying "headers" instead of "header". It's not like it's confusing anyone, is it? Doesn't really matter. I was raised on muscle cars since I could remember, so saying "headers" seems to come natural to me. Of course I mean the single header... It's not like I really think we have 2 sets of headers. It's just by force of habit.
(although recently I've conformed to 4bangerland and I'm using the singular form)

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Make sure you race for pinks. Yeah, the tC is capable of some serious shit. Kenny Tran's/Jotech's tC is putting down insane numbers. (Remember, it's boosted.) I think some of these kids have read too many magazines and are thinking that a few bolt ons will do the same. A stock tC is nothing to brag about, nor is the one in that profile.

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
well the new greddy turbo kit claims 100 hp over stock on the scion tc, which isn't hard to imagine given a 2.4 liter displacement, but that guy in the original post is retarded if he thinks he's putting down what he claims.

Turbonator :rotfl: :weeeeeeeeee:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts