Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i got a 2002 RSX. I removed my radio in order to replace i with an aftermarket one, however, i didnt have the right parts to install it so i put the stock one back in. I connected all the leads i unplugged including the hazards button. I have checked both fuseboxes and tried loosening the hazard button, none of which have worked. I had no issues with my blinkers or hazard before this, and I really cant afford to get a ticket because this is my first car and I still only have a probationary license. Any help is appreciated.

Registered
Recently i got a 2002 RSX. I removed my radio in order to replace i with an aftermarket one, however, i didnt have the right parts to install it so i put the stock one back in. I connected all the leads i unplugged including the hazards button. I have checked both fuseboxes and tried loosening the hazard button, none of which have worked. I had no issues with my blinkers or hazard before this, and I really cant afford to get a ticket because this is my first car and I still only have a probationary license. Any help is appreciated.
That's really the only variable that would stop the blinkers from working when working around the radio. Check the wires, the plug to the blinker, see if you can order a replacement hazard blinker or get one from a junkyard.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
That's really the only variable that would stop the blinkers from working when working around the radio. Check the wires, the plug to the blinker, see if you can order a replacement hazard blinker or get one from a junkyard.
I managed to somehow put the hazards connector on upside down. Thatll do it lol. Thanks anyways man.

Registered
Thanks for posting your solution. Too many do not and we are left hanging. It will also help those in the future when they search this subject while trying to fix their own problem.

Registered
the collar the hazard button sits on in some kits is too deep/long/large or the screw towers are too short..whatever, and this causes the hazard button to be pressed in slightly with the screws tight causing the signal issue. the simple fix is to add some small washers on the screws to act as a spacer between the hazard button and the dash kit collar so it is not being pressed in when the screws are fully tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts