Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got out of my car to stop by the shop to say "Hi" and stayed for about 10 minutes. I got back in my car, started it up and everything was fine. While driving down the freeway I noticed my BOV wasn't making the same "WOOOOOSH!" noise like it was doing before I turned it off, but now it makes a fluttering. IDK how it happened but it sounds sort of like the BOV's that sound like rattle snakes. I have the TurboXS BOV that came with the CN1 kit and I didn't at all touch anything after I turned off the car, I kept it on for a bout a minute or two to let the turbo cool but that's all. So now I'm wondering if there's anything I can do? I checked the piping and the vacuum hose and they all seem to be on tight, so now I'm stumped :confused:.

·
Registered
568 Posts
iirnited said:
Well, I got out of my car to stop by the shop to say "Hi" and stayed for about 10 minutes. I got back in my car, started it up and everything was fine. While driving down the freeway I noticed my BOV wasn't making the same "WOOOOOSH!" noise like it was doing before I turned it off, but now it makes a fluttering. IDK how it happened but it sounds sort of like the BOV's that sound like rattle snakes. I have the TurboXS BOV that came with the CN1 kit and I didn't at all touch anything after I turned off the car, I kept it on for a bout a minute or two to let the turbo cool but that's all. So now I'm wondering if there's anything I can do? I checked the piping and the vacuum hose and they all seem to be on tight, so now I'm stumped :confused:.
You may have lost the vacuum line to the BOV. Check to make sure it is not obstructed or unplugged.

Call Cybernation for help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lost Vacume

Turbotech is right. Check all your Vacume lines to make sure there isn't any leaks. The #1 cause for that fluttering sound is loss of vacume to the BOV. Also Make sure the vacume is coming from the right source. There may not be a leak but u may not have enough Vacume from the sourse u choose. Make sure it manifold vacume.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i have the greddy kit with HKS bov .. i had it w/o intercooler at first and then when i did get the intercooler on it started fluttering too?! .. it sounds normal at full boost but anything under it does the flutter thing and it never did before. ill check out the vaccum lines but does anybody know how to adjust the hks bov? .. cause i dont .. :(

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
Yea...you have a screw up top that adjust the HKS....

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
my greddy-s flutters when not at full boost.
i think it sounds pretty good mixed with the high pitch crystal breaking sound. when im at full boost its just a really loud nice clear crystal sound.

·
TeH Brown Ninja Turtle
1,238 Posts
so is it ok for it to flutter when not at full boost?...just like many just said, mine only flutters when not on full boost but in full boost it sounds fine...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i dont really like the sound of the flutter .. but its kinda growing on me cause i'm used to it now, but when i hit full boost its like whoa .. nice .. :spin:

·
Registered
118 Posts
The MazdaSpeed Protege does that. THey call it the "Super Turkey" Almost sounds like a turkey gobble or something. Anyways, I just thought that was kinda funny. If you know someone with a MSP, have them almost redline it and let off. You'll know what I mean then...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts