31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Basics:
06 RSX-S VBP with the following:
-Evo2 Exhaust (came with car)
-AEM CAI
-Skunk2 Pro S Coilovers

Question:
Ok guys....want to get springs and retainers, but not sure which ones to get out of SKUNK2 vs. BLOX vs. OMNI?

I get a good hookup on parts prices but the skunk2's are about $90 more than the BLOX and OMNI spring/retainer kit. Is it worth it, or is it all the same.

I always used Crowers with my dc2 ITR and GS-R and never had any problems. I revved my ITR to 10,600 without ever breaking anything.

Bottom line is the SKUNKS worth the extra $90 over the BLOX or OMNI?

Also....any suggestions on aggressive cams that are still streetable (i had custom grind Crowers in ITR that were very rough. Tough to idle and MPG was laughable)?

I'm looking to do the following all motor setup for now:

-CAI/H/E/Race Cat
-70mm Skunk2 Mega Power R or HKS or 70mm Greddy?
-Kpro
-Coilovers
-RBC Manifold Ported and Polished
-70mm Throttle Body
-Springs/Retainers/Valved/Cams
-Si or ITR LSD
-JDM Final Drive
-RDX Injectors (good move?)
-Skunk2 Composite Fuel Rail
-25mm Rear Sway Bar
-Skunk LCA's
-Upgrade to Progress Coilovers

Any comments appreciated (constructive plz :laughat: )

I plan on boosting after i pay off my 06 TL and using that as my daily instead of RSX.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
your user name is quite fitting given your thread title. I wouldn't put any of the first two companies products in my car and I am not 100% sold on the third just yet. Go with Supertech, it is what we use and recommend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well supertech, if i'm not mistaken, make skunk's valve springs(at least they used to, i know that much)....Omni, if i'm not mistaken, is a defected Skunk2 employee....I have had good experience with Supertech in the past and agree with that, just looking to see if anyone has had any experience w/ BLOX or OMNI valvetrain products.

Thanks for the input though.....

I have the means to buy everything i want with a few months. So i am buying everything i can get my hands on at a good price. I think my next move is an RBC manifold, ported/polished and a 70mm throttle body. I do however want to get Kpro fairly early in the build.

G

·
To add to Chris' comments, I am pretty sure that Blox and Omni are Chinese/Taiwanese-made and I would not be surprised if Skunk2 is, as well. I have not heard that Supertech sells their products to anyone else for re-branding but of course, anything is possible.

For the record, I have a 340hp car and there are plenty of 500+hp cars that are running Supertech valvetrain components with zero issues. That brand is always a safe bet. Best of luck with your build.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To add to Chris' comments, I am pretty sure that Blox and Omni are Chinese/Taiwanese-made and I would not be surprised if Skunk2 is, as well. I have not heard that Supertech sells their products to anyone else for re-branding but of course, anything is possible.

For the record, I have a 340hp car and there are plenty of 500+hp cars that are running Supertech valvetrain components with zero issues. That brand is always a safe bet. Best of luck with your build.
Thanks for the input erik! What setup are u running at 340hp? How is driveability...i ask because i want a QUICK RSX for the next 2 years or so....then i plan on building a quarter mile beast..thanks in advance

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Thanks for the input erik! What setup are u running at 340hp? How is driveability...i ask because i want a QUICK RSX for the next 2 years or so....then i plan on building a quarter mile beast..thanks in advance
Just for the records, none of these stuff you are about to start buying for your powertrain will work well with boost. You either go n/a all the way or wait and go with boost. Unless, you have pretty deep pockets and can aford to sell all your N/A parts, lose money, and then buy all your boost parts...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just for the records, none of these stuff you are about to start buying for your powertrain will work well with boost. You either go n/a all the way or wait and go with boost. Unless, you have pretty deep pockets and can aford to sell all your N/A parts, lose money, and then buy all your boost parts...
I know this isnt a good boost setup...but i can do it all within a few months...i wont be going boost for about 2 years. So i will be selling any extra parts that arent good for boost.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
I know this isnt a good boost setup...but i can do it all within a few months...i wont be going boost for about 2 years. So i will be selling any extra parts that arent good for boost.
wanted to make sure you knew that all these parts wouldn't be suitable for boost :thumbsup: gl

1 - 9 of 9 Posts