Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
- - - - - - -
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATES ON PAGE 3

Dyno tuned by Autowave in Huntington Beach, CA on their dyno dynamics dynometer. The black line is the RBC and the red is the PRB. Typical of the RBC, you lose some low to midrange power, but regain much in the top end. Added in this dynograph were the RBC IM and 550 RC injectors. The cai was put back on for this dynograph. I actually showed a loss of power with my experimental intake.

This is my old dyno graph compared to my baseline with basic bolt-ons.

Church's comparison from basic bolt-ons.

How much power did I gain from, essentially, only the RBC? 18.9 whp

·
drive your dreams
5,498 Posts
Wow aprox a 19HP gain! thats great!

·
K24/20 NA 12.3 @ 110 mph
2,008 Posts
Holy Shit! I'm not selling my rbc after all. I'll get my money for my clutch from selling blood or something.

I believe you are the first to hit the 240 whp mark in a DC5. Slow-S has similar mods but with much less peak power. I guess the DCRH is a bottleneck.

·
Shake that money maker
4,756 Posts
damn nice gain from the RBC

how does it feel driving? can you feel the loss in low to midrange? i bet that thing barks up top

·
ॐ
674 Posts
what diameter pipping is on your exhaust...

and thats very good numbers considering your mods... did you order the Eibach EVS and does it come with the ti retainers or is the evs different from the ti retainers? i was looking on eibach's websites and saw nothing about ti retainers for the k-series.

·
IPS K2 Owner #38
2,379 Posts
the ti retainers are ips'

hey not to hijack, great gains by the way, not sure if loss in mid is worth it for the top 1000 rpms, anyway, my k2's have 6000 miles on them (i dont drive a lot) and im selling them for some kt1's for 950 shipped. that is 250 dollars off retail for praticley new cams. this wont be for about 2 months, im just trying to get my price in line. who would be interested? gimmi some offers.

again nice numbers, so the ram air was no good huh?

·
EOS
1,749 Posts
Wow, is that uncorrected? I put out similar numbers (+35ft-lbs) on the shop in my signature's dyno dynamics in my turbo ep3 w/ base gearing and have pulled a tuned ips k2'd/PRC type S very nicely before. Not trying to talk shit, but I just think that something is up with one of the dynos....stevenC w/ 283whp (dynojet) puts a car on my friends 240whp(the same dyno dynamics as me) sti swapped impreza. I've always heard that you should be able to dyno at a dyno dynamics, and put down the exact same numbers on one half way across the world.

Regaurdless, awesome numbers, and 18whp gain from an RBC is VERY badass.

*edit* The loss in midrange is not that bad....maybe 10whp or so around 4800, and even then thats just for a second. The crazy top end gains are more than worth it, as if you're doing any sort of motor racing short of autocrossing you won't even be in those rpms w/ the extended rev range.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.