Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know where to put this thread.

Just curious, for those who have body kits, are you guys able to lift up your cars with the oem jack? I was going to install my new headers today, but my car (w/ body kit) was too low for it to go under. I was like f***. I will be severely screwed if I get a flat. I have eibach sportline springs. Does anyone else have this problem or a possible solution to it (besides using shops lifts, getting different springs, and other dumb things like that)?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,745 Posts
Even without a body kit, my car was too low to slide a jack under neath. I had to jack up the side with the stock supplied jack, in which it would bring the front up just enough to slide a jack under the lip.
 

·
e90
Joined
·
115,535 Posts
I have sportline springs as well and greddy front lip. My stock jack doesn't work but my jack I got from the parts store works awesome and fits under the bodylit with no problems.
 

·
the overrated fig shot
Joined
·
3,237 Posts
chongga02 said:
I didn't know where to put this thread.

Just curious, for those who have body kits, are you guys able to lift up your cars with the oem jack? I was going to install my new headers today, but my car (w/ body kit) was too low for it to go under. I was like f***. I will be severely screwed if I get a flat. I have eibach sportline springs. Does anyone else have this problem or a possible solution to it (besides using shops lifts, getting different springs, and other dumb things like that)?
I don't know how much clearance you have, but you can try driving your front tires over a piece of wood. If your stock jack still won't slide in, then your car is way too low.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where would you place the jack in the front of the car? Either way, I think my car is too low to fit them under. I can't measure the clearance since my car is in the shop (for paintjob), but I think it's around 3 inches off the ground. I'll try that driving on wood idea to see if it works just incase I get a flat going somewhere. Thanks for your guys' input.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
stock jack cant even fit under the car? damn that must be rrreally low, im surprised if u dont scrape weekly.. anywaysorry i donno anything thinner than the stock jack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,745 Posts
j1nb0 said:
stock jack cant even fit under the car? damn that must be rrreally low, im surprised if u dont scrape weekly.. anywaysorry i donno anything thinner than the stock jack.

No way he is talking about the stock jack cause I had the lowest RSX to date (laid out on hydros) and I could get the stock jack under the sides. Fully compressed, its only like 2" tall, tops!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe I didn't have the stock jack fully compressed...but I'm positive I did and it was just a tad bit too tall. I'll try again tomorrow when I get my car back from the shop.

Every once in a while there are speed bumps (I think they are just bigger than standard ones) that make my car scrape. I could go up my drive way, but everytime I go down, no matter what angle, my front lip scrapes. Then again, my driveway is alittle steeper than most houses too. It sucks for me to have to park on the street; I'm paranoid that someone is going to hit me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
just get one of your friends to lift the car or get your girlfriend to slide the jack under the car when you lift it up...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,899 Posts
sawwbuzz said:
just get one of your friends to lift the car or get your girlfriend to slide the jack under the car when you lift it up...

i've had to do that too lol...but if your stock jack wont fit....your car is just way too friggin low....or your parked on a hill to big to work on your car anyways
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,745 Posts
chongga02 said:
Maybe I didn't have the stock jack fully compressed...but I'm positive I did and it was just a tad bit too tall. I'll try again tomorrow when I get my car back from the shop.

Every once in a while there are speed bumps (I think they are just bigger than standard ones) that make my car scrape. I could go up my drive way, but everytime I go down, no matter what angle, my front lip scrapes. Then again, my driveway is alittle steeper than most houses too. It sucks for me to have to park on the street; I'm paranoid that someone is going to hit me.



Unless your car is lower than mine (tuckin all tire and about 1" of rim [18" wheels]), you can fit the stock jack under the side to lift it up enough to get a normal hydraulic jack under the front and/or rear.
 

·
NightShark
Joined
·
304 Posts
my car is 2.75 inchs off the ground.. and what i do is take pieces of wood thats probably 2 inches tall and stick it infront of my front tires and i drive over it so im ontop of the wood and then i can fit a jack inthe front of my car or the sides..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,665 Posts
we had a mod meet recently and i saw a couple of the guys do this. get a piece of wood and put it under your tire. drive the car onto piece of wood, then slide the jack in the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
krystar said:
we had a mod meet recently and i saw a couple of the guys do this. get a piece of wood and put it under your tire. drive the car onto piece of wood, then slide the jack in the front.
:iamwiths:

also about ur driveway u could put some boards where the driveway meets the street to make it less steep. itll prob be annoying after like the first day haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,147 Posts
Nightshark said:
my car is 2.75 inchs off the ground.. and what i do is take pieces of wood thats probably 2 inches tall and stick it infront of my front tires and i drive over it so im ontop of the wood and then i can fit a jack inthe front of my car or the sides..

geez..doesnt your exhaust and kit scrape all the time?
 

·
NightShark
Joined
·
304 Posts
^^^ no.. my exhaust is fine.. the only part i worry about scraping is my front.. but after driving with my car this low for a while i get used to it and know what kind of bumps, driveways, and hills that i cant make.. its not as bad as it sounds..
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top