Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About how much are you guys paying for your labor to install and paint your body kits?

I was thinking of getting a front lip/side wing/rear spoiler setup and taking it to a body shop to have them do all the labor and wanted to know what the average was before I get burned on labor.

tnx!

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Do a search... This topic comes up atleast once every week and the answers are the same every time! Price varys from shop to shop, city to city, state to state, etc. Also depends on the quality on install and/or paint used!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool..but of the sounds of it this upgrade may have to be on hold for a while

·
ECU Tuner
4,281 Posts
sawwbuzz said:
About how much are you guys paying for your labor to install and paint your body kits?

I was thinking of getting a front lip/side wing/rear spoiler setup and taking it to a body shop to have them do all the labor and wanted to know what the average was before I get burned on labor.

tnx!
I've done only the spoiler so far and I ordered that one all painted. Some of the replica spoiler places out there do excellent paint work and probably a lot cheaper than a local shop. Spoiler goes on in less than half an hour, and I think I'd tackle installation of a body kit myself as well.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya ive only heard about prepainted body kits..Ive yet to have found any

ive got stock satin silver paint and the vehicle is fairly new so I would imagine the matching wouldnt be a problem at all with pre-painted.

any suggestions where I can find something pre-painted on the internet? Ive done a million searches for this and theyve all come up empty for the rsx

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
how about calling a local shop to get an estimate? i would think i would have to be a ball park quote because they would really need to see the quality of the kit to determine how much work it will take to get it to fit right and prep it for paint.

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
won't work when I got my kit I went to a bodyshop to get an estimate...took pix of it and everything and they said they need to see it in person to determine a price

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
sawwbuzz said:

tnx!
I was quoted $950 for paint and install for my buddy club 2 kit. This was at trin tech if you want the number I can give it to you, just PM me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweet..

im just poking around now wondering if I can even afford the body kit is all..which is why i didnt bother calling around any local shops yet. not sure what kit I wanna buy, just curious how much more on top of the kit itself id end up paying and if i could do it

looks like I may be able to keep it under the 2 grand budget I have for the kit..still will be a while though

thanks for the feedback guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts