Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've been looking around for body kits and spoilers for a rsx s and I saw that there are replicas and genuine models. What would you guys prefer to buy and how can you tell if they're genuine or a replica. I'm looking at the cwest body kit and type-r rear spoiler. If possible, could you show me a link of a genuine cwest bodykit or type-r spoiler and replica one as well so I can see the difference? Thanks!

·
wanker
318 Posts
I have a replica type r spoiler... but if I get a body kit it will be genuine, it will probably fit better than replica and its not fiberglass. It's true that the replicas almost cost the same when you get them painted, I wish i had to know that before I got my replica spoiler- I would have bought a genuine one.
good place for real ones- polepositionproducts.com

·
Smoking a massive chooch
3,686 Posts
Trand86 said:
if u got the money get the original.. sometimes the replica can end up costing even more then the original
Agreed, If I didn't know how to do body work....my kit would be costing me so much money. but since I do....full kit cost me 200$ (got a great deal from an awesome member here!) and paint will probably only cost me around 4-500$

In my eyes, you can't really tell the difference in the replica and genuine as long as you have somebody that knows what they are doing. hell my replica is going to look better than the genuine since I'm molding everything! I mean, after it's all painted, it all looks the same, just sometimes different materials are used to make it.

IMO I would rather spend 700$ and do alot of custom work than 3k for the real veilside not including paint time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Shaun_FreSh said:
Yeah, the only replica thing I bought for my car was the spoiler....in terms of bodykit/lipkit, try your best to go for original. Less headaches in the end.
:iamwiths: its pretty hard for ur wing to get hit with rocks..unlike ur body kit wich is low to the ground

·
Registered
237 Posts
orginal cost more to buy, replica cost more to install (and u'll never know how much depends on the quality), so stay with orignal to be safe and you most likely wont be spending more anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.