Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking on here for a week or so now reading about your cars. Basically because the UK ones are all a little samey :thumbsdow

Anyway, i'm Paul, i have a 2004 milano type r (i dunno if thats what you call them? Si?) and it's pretty much virginal still. I mean it has some wheels and stuff but nothing worth shouting about...

It just seems like over here people are chuffed with things that really, are crap. Yet you people seem to just turbo yours overnight for the hell of it, i love it!

So yeah thats me...hello! :)

·
I slang Acuras
760 Posts
Hello!

welcome to the site! i hope you like it. bunch of good people here.

Our EP3 came in only 1 model, the Si. Its a far cry from the Type-R. It has the K20A3 in it, rather than the K20A2 or K20A.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
....I dunno what you just said, but it blew my mind! :laughing:

So the Si is the equivalent of the type r? or do you have to do an engine swap on them?

It's funny, you're probably envious of our uk Civics, but all we want over here are white ones!

Anyway, this is mine, like i say not alot has been done to it. It does need brakes so i'll buy those next (front)

The day i got it:

I've changed a few bits over, like the rear lights

Like i said, nothing great but thats why i'm here :p i needs me some inspiration!

Ps. I'm from Newcastle :)

·
I LURK
879 Posts
the civic type-r has a 200 hp motor

our SI only comes with 160 hp 5 speed transmission instead of a 6 speed.

your car is lighter, no sunroof, aluminium bracing, and other things
ours is heavyer and also does not have the same front bumper, side skirts, or rear bumper.

quite a few differences between the 2 you my freind have the better version of the ep3 we got the watered down version!

oh BTW welcome to clubep3.net

·
I LURK
879 Posts

there is my car before the stageII cams those are stage1's so that should be some insperation

·
Modelrator
11,650,298 Posts
nice R! WELCOME! bring some of your friends over here. lol

·
Alone<Team
14 Posts
welcome to the boards! and good choice on the taillights, I like the new ones much better.

the type-r also has projector headlights, whereas, it wasn't even an option for the USDM EP3.

·
RC Nerd
669 Posts
Ps. I'm from Newcastle :)

I've been in the Darlington and North Yorkshire area (Northallerton, more specifically) for work. So you're not too far away from there! Maybe an hour's drive or so? I saw a few nice Type-R's when I was there last. And yes, a couple of them were white. :laughing:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

there is my car before the stageII cams those are stage1's so that should be some insperation
Cooooooooooooooool, i want to do one too, just to compare :thumbsup:

And thanks for the input :) Like i say i'm just trying to see what you lot do and hopefully add a few bits to mine.

There's obviously an approved shopping list of parts to go for over here, ie: Tein, Toda, stoptech, JRSC....the list is long, and not cheap :( but looking at what you all have done, i think i really need one hell of a suspension drop!

I've got this file of some of the better uk civic's, but they just don't seem as interesting!

http://public.fotki.com/paulydixon/cars-and-shit/others/civics/

And yeah Rodarbal, thats just down the road from me, i deliver there daily :)

·
Alone<Team
14 Posts
Cooooooooooooooool, i want to do one too, just to compare :thumbsup:

And thanks for the input :) Like i say i'm just trying to see what you lot do and hopefully add a few bits to mine.

There's obviously an approved shopping list of parts to go for over here, ie: Tein, Toda, stoptech, JRSC....the list is long, and not cheap :( but looking at what you all have done, i think i really need one hell of a suspension drop!

I've got this file of some of the better uk civic's, but they just don't seem as interesting!

http://public.fotki.com/paulydixon/cars-and-shit/others/civics/

And yeah Rodarbal, thats just down the road from me, i deliver there daily :)

I don't know if I would touch your suspension, but that's just me. It is already tuned very well to the cars exact specs.

·
spirited driver
17,531 Posts
wow...really nice, red :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts