Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering , is it actually alot more comfortable ..and does it get in the way of shifting at all? or make it awkward?!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm alright, cause definately want one..... first time i drove my rsx felt like it should of been there.. but if it makes it awkward may pass, hopefully doesn't:noes:

·
Forever Slow
7,740 Posts
It's really awkward when you first install it cause you are not use to it. I was gonna sell mine, but then it grew on me. Couldn't imagine driving without it. And I have a short shifter (Revo SS), and hasn't gotten in the way. But if you have something like P-Spec or JTC, it might interfere, who knows.

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
I have one with a jtc ss at the lowest setting and it doesn't get in the way. I like it a lot more actually because I can rest my arm on it and shift with the flick of a wrist.

·
Sad_t3arZ
1,503 Posts
i think its more comfortable. i have the comptech ss adapter and i dont have any issues.

·
Dreamchaser
939 Posts
If your car is a DD, your arm will thank you for the support.
:thumbsup:

The only bad part about it is that it won't open all the way with the e-brake up.
I got used to it but other than that, the armrest is awesome.

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts

The only bad part about it is that it won't open all the way with the e-brake up.
I don't have it bolted in so I just slightly lift up if the e-brake is up. No problems.

·
Living Legend
12,656 Posts

my RSX is my DD and it doesn't bother me not having one. I just don't keep my hand on my shifter all the time though so maybe thats why. I shift then put my arm back on my leg or something.

·
Banned
834 Posts
yeah no regrets with my boomerang.. the only time it comes out is for racing and I'm thinking about trying it next time while racing to see if it'd give a little more lateral support

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for responses yeah its my dd so ill have to get one for sure, ive gotten use to not having one ,but when i drive a car with one so much more comfortable

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have one with my pspec n it gets in the way, I think the armrest sits too high

·
Registered
96 Posts
i'd say personal preference
i had it installed 7 months ago, it's a great feature for DD purpose
but when my friends drove my car, they said it's too high and gets in the way while shifting

·
Banned
834 Posts
I've been autocrossing with mine and it works great I was worried it'd break because I would lean into it too hard or something but it's been great :)

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
i might be getting rid of mine soon

1 - 20 of 69 Posts