Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
ლ(ಠ_ಠ)ლ y u no fast?
327 Posts
im curious as to which armrest is better. ive seen the boomerang armrest, but then i saw the other one in the crsx store where the passenger can also use it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
99% of the time it's just me in the car. However, I feel there is too much foam, and my arm gets a little warm. But other than that I like it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
does taking out the rubber piece make the armrest sit alittle lower?, just got mine and i find it does sit rather high, makes going into 2nd alittle awkward

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
what rubber piece are you talking about?

·
CRSX Financial Planner
1,372 Posts
what rubber piece are you talking about?
the one thats in the bottom of the center console. It will make a tiny differerence but probably nothing that will help.

I've loved mine since day one. Shifting feels fine and very comfortable for me at stock hight. I refer to my arm rest all the time as "the best $100 I ever spent". It honestly is. I also almost always have my hand on my knob when I drive :mam:

·
CRSX Financial Planner
1,372 Posts
that's not good for the tranny
thanks, I didnt know it would but that makes sense!

I should mention that I ment when im speeding up or slowing down mostly. I do have a tendency to keep it there in heavy traffic though which I will try to correct now.

·
CRSX Financial Planner
1,372 Posts
Thought I would toss in a sexy pic of my armrest. Makes the interior so much more complete. Interior looks silly without it to me now lol.

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
i catch myself doing it too. but even the slightest pressure on the shifter while in gear puts unnecessary stress on the shift forks and other internal components leading to increased wear.

·
Registered
184 Posts
never bought one. Thought about it several times, but keep changing my mind. I just rest my arm on top of the ebrake. Shift with my arm there to. I'm 6'0 and have long arms though so it may be different for other people.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
i really like it , but makes shifting definately feel different for me going into second is awkward... and they sent my magnet stuck to the instructions....:fuu:

·
'05 NHBP K24 Type S
1,009 Posts
I've never seen this before. Looks nice. Where would one find this?

EDIT: Nevermind...just found it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I sure am glad to stumble upon this thread. I'm a huge fan of armrests, and the lack of one had me questioning long drive comfort but this looks like a great option.
(edit after research)
My primary concern is that I'm a big guy, is this thing stout enough?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I honestly cannot imagine driving without the boomerang armrest, especially during long commutes. And to answer some of your questions , yes it opens up and you can actually put quite a-bit in it. The only tiny problem I can see is that some people might complain that it gets in the way of the e-brake a little bit. However, unless you are constantly yanking the e-brake, which you won't, I find it is not a problem. It comes with screws and you are supposed to drill into your center console to install it, however it works just as well if you don't drill and just put the arm rest in the slot (fyi I did not drill it, it is very secure, I've driven with it for 4+ years now).

Honestly, one of the best purchases you can do in terms of comfort. You will NOT be disappointed.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts