Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just bought mine from Boomerang. I do not regret it one bit! Makes my commute so much more comfortable and makes my interior feel complete. Must buy!

·
@AllMotorRy
2003 Acura Rsx Type-S
7,023 Posts
Thought I would share my opinions.

I have had mine for 4/5 months now. I love it. Had it first with a 4 inch shifter extension and I loved it. Took the extension off and its still great. I have a short shifter and I never find it in the way. The pocket is great and so is the mounting technique. I have only found one flaw. I hate that it will not open the whole way with the parking brake up, its actually really fucking annoying. But other than that I love it lol.

·
Trying to Learn
19 Posts
RE: Automatic install

Has anyone ever installed this on a base?

How is it with an automatic?

What are the specifics of the install?

·
@AllMotorRy
2003 Acura Rsx Type-S
7,023 Posts
Has anyone ever installed this on a base?

How is it with an automatic?

What are the specifics of the install?
It would work the same as if it was a manual car...

You have to take the console out, drill 2 holes, put the arm rest on with 2 nuts and 2 bolts. Reinstall the console and done.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
just to clarify..you dont have to drill the 2 holes and secure it with nuts and bolts. although it's obviously better that way - i have had mine installed for over a year without any hardware and it's been great and never come out.
i also like being able to take it out if needed

·
@AllMotorRy
2003 Acura Rsx Type-S
7,023 Posts
just to clarify..you dont have to drill the 2 holes and secure it with nuts and bolts. although it's obviously better that way - i have had mine installed for over a year without any hardware and it's been great and never come out.
i also like being able to take it out if needed
Mines not bolted in either :rotfl: I dont daily my car so when I need to grab something out of it when I go to my jeep I just pull the whole armrest out and grab what I need, and put it back!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts