Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at the Boomerang RSX Armrest in the parts store section front page, does this just mount to the seat or somewhere else? It looks like its also a storage unit almost...

I plan on getting some RSX seats for my civic and still want an arm rest, or elbow rest as I have now, for the new seats...

I searched but all I came up with was the JJ armrest which I didnt think looked that great.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i think it looks stupid

looks like it gets in the way of shifting and thres plenty of places to put ur arm :)

·
type-m?
575 Posts
i think that's only only angle that armrest looks good in...someone posted pics before but the built and quality does seem as good as the JJ armrest...IMHO, the boomerang although has a compartment for you to put stuff in, looks clunky and doesn't fit in with the interior...the JJ looks like how honda would have done it if they built a armrest for the RSX...

plus, the JJ one folds up if you think it gets in the way for shifting...so down for cruising and up for racing...think the boomerang one is fixed...correct me if i'm wrong...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you drive an auto tho (cough it sux) it would be nice.

im just wondering whether it connects to the seats or the center console, im swapping rsx seats in the vic so im trying to figure it out cause i want an arm rest (i have one now...)

·
type-m?
575 Posts
VarsityBlues02 said:
if you drive a stick the armrest gets in the way
nah, armrest in my old 328, armest in my m3, armrest in my friend's 330, armrest in other friend's boxter, another 996, also look at pretty much any stick shift out there other than RSX...get the picture???

maybe i just have short arms... :tonguegri

·
Registered
106 Posts
i dunno i have an armrest like the jj one in my 92 accord, and although it does fold up it dosent really get in the way of my shifting so i never do fold it up, and i also like how the boomerang has the storage compartment but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's my post from another thread:

Not here to debate whether you need an armrest or not... obviously plenty of people would like one so...
this is what I can deduce in Boomerang Armrest vs. JJ Products Armrest

Boomerang Armrest Advantages:
1) You don't have to cut open your seat to attach
2) Flips open for extra storage space!!!
3) Easier Install

JJ Products Armrest Advantages:
1) Looks better (IMHO)
2) Folds up out of the way
3) Less expensive than the Boomerang

Did I miss anything? A review would really help (hint, hint)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.