Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Skunk2 Airlines
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So as I'm looking at purchasing a Boost Controller in the next few days, I've come across 2 good deals on 2 different Boost Controllers, one being the Apexi AVCR and the other being the Blitz Spec-S.

I know my friend Mike uses the Blitz and has nothing but good words about it, except the fact that it displays in kPa not Psi which is what i want, but i would also like to get some input on the Apexi. I've been reading around and it seems like the Apexi has a lot more options, but that also seems to make it harder to set-up and program the Boost Controller.

Ran a few prices tonight

New Blitz Spec-S $312 + Shipping

Slightly Used Apexi AVCR $260 shipped

As you can see, the difference is not that big, but the Apexi is alot pricier compared to the Blitz. Right now I'm leaning towards the Blitz, mainly because my buddy has it and in case I have any problems I could always seek his help, but then, some of the options that seem to be available with the Apexi tell me that it would be the better buy.

So basically...

Should I still go for the Blitz??

Or should I go for the Apexi and deal with the hard set-up? Is it worth the hassle???

·
Skunk2 Airlines
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
then I still probably wouldn't go with either one, there are a ton out there to do what you need.
So what do you recommend?

People have mentioned a manual boost controller, but it doesn't work well with the Si. There's a lot of spikes in boost, and that's not something I want.

If there's any suggestions as far as boost controllers, please feel free to post.

·
Skunk2 Airlines
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why doesn't a manual work well? Why would the car have anything to do with it?
That I'm not sure. I know my friend had one in his Si with the Greddy kit and he got rid of it because of how bad it worked. For some reason, with the Si I guess due to all the Sensors and Electronics, there's a lot of boost spikes.

·
Boosted DC5R
324 Posts
i use the avcr, its not really hard to set up or use... i cant compare to the blitz because i have no experience wit hthat one, but avcr works well, mine displays boost in mmHg, aka millimetres of mercury, another type of pressure measurement, closer to the metric BAR.

I used to have a manual boost controller and they are terribly inaccurate and i was always overboosting with it so i ditched it for the avcr a few years back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts