Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
its just an oz rally
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a safe boost for stock internals on our car, i have a type-s with a greddy stage one being installed right now and i want to give it some more power by adding a little boost. what can it safely be run on without having to upgrade the internals.

·
The Drone
1,398 Posts
just to answer your question. from what i hear 9 psi daily is fine. going to be my daily soon. and sometimes 11 psi for racing. you can go 12 on stock internals but because of the injectors that come with the greddy kit 440. 11 is the max that they can go. at 12 psi the 440 will start to lean out.

·
Registered
340 Posts
For max reliability, I wouldn't go over about 8-9 pounds on a stock motor..anything above this is attainable, but you are taking more of a risk..I would employ a wide-band O2 sensor if you are taking risks like that, the Autometer A/F guages are not accurate enough when you are at the make it or break it point..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
hey guys call inline pro ( www.inlinepro.com ). I use there head gasket on my DC2 ITR with no problems. I think they make one for you guys now too. they are 3mm thick and drop compression a full point. I run 15psi daily with crap fuel management right now and I have nothing but praise for that head gasket

1 - 11 of 11 Posts