Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just wonder if Jackson will be doing a upgrade for their race version currently it runs 5psi of boost and can put down 250whp. I am hoping for a upgrade that will push that to 300whp.

Any ideas if this going to happen, and when.

·
6,734 Posts
When we find out you will find out. I have been waiting most patiently for that to happen. I of all people want to put down 300WHP with my setup and I am getting a little upset. Patience is not one of my virtues.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
RiceRocket112 said:
Any ideas if this going to happen, and when.

Soon, next week I will be testing an upgrade to about 8lb.

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
Hey Hondata (or anyone else that might know) Will the programmable ECU allow us to boost different levels in different gears?

Here is the scenario

Have 1st gear boost at 2psi
then
have 2nd gear boost up to 4psi
then
have 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th boost more (say 7 or 8psi)

I think this would be KEY for us SC’ers who have traction problems off the line

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
If you have a TypeS, get a K20A3 crank pulley for a boost upgrade. I have a hunch they are bigger than the S.

·
Vendor
1,224 Posts
XStremeR said:
Hey Hondata (or anyone else that might know) Will the programmable ECU allow us to boost different levels in different gears?

Here is the scenario

then
then

I think the key is to understand that the boost is not computer controlled. It is proportional to RPM - a simple mechanical relationship.

However, nitrous control, which will be integrated, will be under computer control. So, you can program the computer to add a shot of nitrous when you exceed (say) 30 mph, 6000 rpm and 75% throttle.

·
Retired
13,573 Posts
To change the level of boost, you just need to change the size of the pulley. If you give a machine shop your current pulley, you can ask them to build you a new one smaller/larger than the current one, depending on what you want to do.

Very popular with S2000 owners running Comptech or Vortech superchargers.

And I believe smaller = more boost.

·
Registered
409 Posts
that makes much sense...
ive heard here and there that JR is in the progress of making an aftercooler and boost upgrade...i think it was about 8 lbs. but those are just rumors, dont quote me on that...

·
Registered
340 Posts
koala said:
To change the level of boost, you just need to change the size of the pulley. If you give a machine shop your current pulley, you can ask them to build you a new one smaller/larger than the current one, depending on what you want to do.

Very popular with S2000 owners running Comptech or Vortech superchargers.

And I believe smaller = more boost.
You only want a smaller pulley for more boost if it is the blower pulley you are changing..if you are changing the crank pulley, you want a larger diameter pulley to give you more boost..

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
mikestypes said:
If you have a TypeS, get a K20A3 crank pulley for a boost upgrade. I have a hunch they are bigger than the S.
Wrong, you want the K24 pulley, that will give you 9lbs. of boost like I have. :smilemad:

·
Master of Auto Talk
1,260 Posts
Steve Lloyd said:
Wrong, you want the K24 pulley, that will give you 9lbs. of boost like I have. :smilemad:
Yah I DO want that! Steve, can ya PM with more info on that setup. Price of pully, install, how it's working out for ya. And whatever else you had to do to make it run good. Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
XStremeR said:

Here is the scenario

then
then

Buy yourself some traction control, there is a company here in the UK called Racelogic that produce a very good product that I have on my DC5 Type R running 7psi JRSC and I have no traction issues at all. It also has launch control and full throttle shift facility, very clever stuff. Here is there web site www.racelogic.co.uk

·
Registered
409 Posts
XStremeR said:
Yah I DO want that! Steve, can ya PM with more info on that setup. Price of pully, install, how it's working out for ya. And whatever else you had to do to make it run good. Thanks
me too me too!!!!! im very interested!!!

herts62 said:
Buy yourself some traction control, there is a company here in the UK called Racelogic that produce a very good product that I have on my DC5 Type R running 7psi JRSC and I have no traction issues at all. It also has launch control and full throttle shift facility, very clever stuff. Here is there web site www.racelogic.co.uk
that is very interesting...you got a nice car herts!! and how much did you pay for the traction control system? how hard was it to install?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Steve Me 3 :) could you send me the info for the K24 pully and set up

Thanks dude.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Not a big secret. YOu will need the programable ECU to make it work. Put on the pulley and measure for a new belt and order it from Gates. I tried using the EMS and it didn't perform properly so I am back to normal until the Hondata comes out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
SoLoSpEeD101 said:
me too me too!!!!! im very interested!!!

that is very interesting...you got a nice car herts!! and how much did you pay for the traction control system? how hard was it to install?
The system cost me £850 and took about 2.5 hours to fit, very simple but very effective. It uses the ABS sensors to monitor wheel speeds and cuts the fuel injectors if it detects a percentage differance between wheels speeds and you can adjust those percentages within the car as you drive. The full throttle shift uses a cluctch switch,that is set at the biting point and when you press the clutch a user definable rev limit is activated (usually 500-1000rpm below the engines rev limit) so you can keep your foot flat to the floor whilst changing, very safely and very smoothly. It is suppose to save uptp .1 sec. per shift = .3 sec on a 1/4 mile run
:)
Hope this helps.
Oh, thanks for the kind comment.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
herts62 said:
Do u ever run your car in the 1/4 mile? If so Id love to see a slip, Im curious to what your 60ft times are.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Type-S150 said:
Do u ever run your car in the 1/4 mile? If so Id love to see a slip, Im curious to what your 60ft times are.
Just waiting for the re-programmable ECU then I will do a 1/4 mile run and post the slip

·
Registered
811 Posts
so when you launch what do you do? Just get on the throttle and drop the clutch and the system cuts fuel if it senses traction loss? In other words do you get and spin at all when launching?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts