Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I anyone here using diesel engine oil such as the ROTELLA® T Synthetic in their boosted/catless engines?

5,021 Posts
no, because there are other, better motor oils on the market here in the states.

are you limited in what oils you can buy in puerto rico, or just curious about cheaper alternatives?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We get most oil brands you'll get in the states. I've been using Amsoil since I boosted the car in 2004. The two times we've open up my motor there haven't been any signs of wear (at least not on rod bearings). I’m just curious because in other forums I’ve read good things about it.

·
Blank Member
3,891 Posts
Mobil 1 5w-30.....100k+ miles and still running strong. fuck royal purple
I dont' like Mobile 1 much at all but I agree with you on royal purple for the motor. It's too thin. I use amsoil motor oil and after switching from Rotella T to amsoil in my diesel truck I had I would not use anything else in my motors.

·
World's Best Powertrain
2,987 Posts
I dont' like Mobile 1 much at all but I agree with you on royal purple for the motor. It's too thin. I use amsoil motor oil and after switching from Rotella T to amsoil in my diesel truck I had I would not use anything else in my motors.
What is your basis for it being too thin and amsoil being the only thing you would use?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used Mobil 1 once and oil pressures dropped down to 12-15psi @ idle in trafic jams... With amsoil, it stayed @ 20-22psi under the same conditions. Maybe Mobil 1 gets thin under high temps conditions and Amsoil does not... dont know...

·
World's Best Powertrain
2,987 Posts
I used Mobil 1 once and oil pressures dropped down to 12-15psi @ idle in trafic jams... With amsoil, it stayed @ 20-22psi under the same conditions. Maybe Mobil 1 gets thin under high temps conditions and Amsoil does not... dont know...
12-15psi isn't even that low for hot idle. Just heresay if you ask me

·
The Architect™
7,449 Posts
Mobil 1 has never given me any problems. I think most engine oils will be fine as long as you change it often enough. Hell, my oil isn't even black when I change it every 3500 miles

·
:)
15,558 Posts
mobil 1 15w50 for summer and mobil 1 5w30 in winter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts