Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
I was just wondering if it's possible to get a turbo after getting the toda package. Would this be good at all? or not really..?

thanks in advance
axel

·
Registered
340 Posts
Those are two completely different setups..the Toda ECU flash will not work well w/forced induction; ignition timing and fuel maps for N/A and FI applications are tuned differently.. Pick one or the other..

·
Registered
340 Posts
With the proper setup, the cams/springs/retainers could be possible..

IMO if you are going FI, there are things other than Toda Cams that will yield more power for less money..

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
Just wait for a good set of FI cams to be released for the K20A2....then upgrade the head...and while you have it off, might as well port and polish the head, and pull your old slugs out of the block and replace them with some JE forged or CN forged pistons(8.5:1-9.5:1 compression) and rods...w/ a blockgaurd. A thicker head gasket w/some good head studs to keep the head from lifting, and put it all back together...and tada! No Toda.......tons of power! If you really want it done right...sleeve the block and maybe bore it .30 over!! Can handle about 25-35psi if not more...depends on how fast you wanna go!!! :)

Now u gotta think about what kit and stage to buy!! CN stage 2 would be nice w/ a 60-1 turbo maybe even 62-1 if you got the chedda! ahhhhhhHHH, sick setup right there!!

·
6,734 Posts
If you do get the Toda cams you will also need to get a set of VTC killer cam sprockets to be able to dial out the exhaust cam to contain the boost otherwise it will just blow by.

·
Triple Fucking OG
1,258 Posts
krayzeeimport said:
which cams would i see more hp with boost, toda or stock? and could i reflash it to stock once im ready for the turbo?
stock tsx cams, but you didn't hear it from me :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts