Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have searched the forums, and even though others have had this problem, I have yet to find a solution...
About a week ago while I had a passenger in my 06 type s the sound on my radio shut off. AM/FM tuned in, CD player worked, but no sound. I looked under the dash and found a popped fuse in the #15 position (front/rear bose stereo amp). I replaced it, and the radio worked fine. A few days later, it popped, and again a passenger was in the vehicle. Replaced a second time... same results when a passenger is in the front seat. The question I have is, is there anyone who has had the similar problem? I have checked the wires in the pass side door, thinking they were possibly damaged, causing a short when the door is opened and closed (none were damaged). As long as I do not have a passenger in the front seat, the fuse stays in tact, and the radio works fine... I'm lost (stereo and all components are all stock)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have searched the forums, and even though others have had this problem, I have yet to find a solution...
About a week ago while I had a passenger in my 06 type s the sound on my radio shut off. AM/FM tuned in, CD player worked, but no sound. I looked under the dash and found a popped fuse in the #15 position (front/rear bose stereo amp). I replaced it, and the radio worked fine. A few days later, it popped, and again a passenger was in the vehicle. Replaced a second time... same results when a passenger is in the front seat. The question I have is, is there anyone who has had the similar problem? I have checked the wires in the pass side door, thinking they were possibly damaged, causing a short when the door is opened and closed (none were damaged). As long as I do not have a passenger in the front seat, the fuse stays in tact, and the radio works fine... I'm lost (stereo and all components are all stock)
im a base model owner so i do not have the bose system but from a quick search it looks like the amp is located under the passenger seat. my opinion i would visually inspect under the seat and look for any frayed or damaged wires going to the amp. possible damaged wire touching metal when someone sits in the seat.

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
Yeah ^that^. something is shorting out when you have someone sitting in the seat. I'd look for any half-assed mods or repairs first. It's likely a power supply wire or a remote signal (power) wire. Also... the sub gets a power signal form there. Just gotta' troubleshoot. Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the exact same issue when I bought my car, The guy before me had cut all of the wires out maybe to bypass the amp somehow and then simply twisted them all back together. It would cut out when the seat was moved but never just when someone was sitting in it. I put heat shrink connectors on all of the wires and then it worked fine.

Best of luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.