Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so last night I get in my car and turn on the headlights and they arnt working. The parking and signals work but not the normal lights.
I flip the brights and they work fine.

I check the fuse box under the hood and both fuses are fine So i figure the lightbulb burned out right?
But both at the exact same time?????

Unfortunatly my hands were too big in the dark with no tools to remove anything to atually pull the bulbs to check so figured do that today and just drive with brights on to get home.

And then later that night suddenly the left one starts working again but the right is still out.

Any suggestions as to what happened? Is this electrical issue or do the RSX's blow turn off both bulbs if one goes bad??

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
well it doesnt turn off one if one goes bad... I'd check the connections and harnesses to ensure they're in there tight.

You could still pull the bulbs to check to see if they're burnt out...

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,245 Posts
Ok so last night I get in my car and turn on the headlights and they arnt working. The parking and signals work but not the normal lights.
I flip the brights and they work fine.

I check the fuse box under the hood and both fuses are fine So i figure the lightbulb burned out right?
But both at the exact same time?????

Unfortunatly my hands were too big in the dark with no tools to remove anything to atually pull the bulbs to check so figured do that today and just drive with brights on to get home.

And then later that night suddenly the left one starts working again but the right is still out.

Any suggestions as to what happened? Is this electrical issue or do the RSX's blow turn off both bulbs if one goes bad??

Wiring to both, or wiring to the left bulb, right is burnt out. BTW, are your hands smaller during daylight? :rotfl:

·
likes to troubleshoot
2,539 Posts
If both high beams work OK, you're fuses and relays are fine. The fuses and relays are common to both high and low beams.

The high beams are grounded by a separate ground from the low beams, so I would look at the low beam grounds (if you're sure the lights themselves are OK).

·
likes to troubleshoot
2,539 Posts
where are the grounds located for the low beams then?

This sucks for my Civic Si I had one of the Haynes manuals helped me locate everything but I cant find a haynes manual anywhere around my city
It's tough to describe where they are. Each side has it's own ground just below the headlight assy. and behind the bumper. There's an illustration in the Helms on pages 22-19 and 22-21.

It's very rare to have both low beams fail at the same time, BTW.

·
Si-> Type S-> R Type-> MR
3,100 Posts
Are you running aftermarket bulbs. I ran into the same thing with silverstars after going through 3-4 in about 6 weeks I took it to the dealer, OEM bulbs for the last 4 months no problems. RSX don't seem to like aftermarket bulbs after a while. I am just saving up for HID's done right = retro's

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.