Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 rsx-s

Today I installed Centric premium rotors, stop tech street pads, stop tech braided lines, and ate super blue.

I bled the brakes with a mighty vac system that hooks up too my compressor. Bled about 1 bottle through the whole system. All fluid was flushed and coming out blue.

After I was done I took the car for a ride, It stops fine but the pedal now has to be pushed almost all the way too the floor.

I am guessing I have air in the system? never really used this mighty vac before but I have nobody here to pump for me

Advice would be great.

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
try a gravity bleed. I used it on my RSX and now on my S2k and it gets a better pedal feel than any other method. I track with it too if that says anything about my confidence with the method, and it's the easiest one-man method to do it with as well. How you do it:

1. Jack up all 4 corners.
2 Open MC reservoir.
3. Put clear drain tube on 1st caliper
4. Pump brakes 5-10 times to build pressure.
5. Open bleeder.
6. Whack caliper with rubber mallet to jostle through any stuck air bubbles
7. Wait 15 minutes, topping off reservoir as necessary
7. Close bleeder
8. Repeat as necessary for the rest of the caliper sequence.

The fronts should take about 10-15 minutes a caliper for everything to drain through via gravity for a full flush. The rears are more like 20 because the hard lines are longer. Since you're just doing a bleed and not a flush you should be fine with 10 minutes a corner, just make sure you don't see any air bubbles still coming out your drain tube. I think the size is 1/4" inner diameter rubber or silicon hose.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys everyone, just rebled the brakes this time I put brake lube around the bleeders to stop air leaks. Used the mightyvac and pulled another bottle of fluid through the system. Pedal is nice and tight now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts