Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up everyone.. i have an 02-04 RSX.. I did a 05-06 conversion front and back and i rewired them to look like the 02-04 taillights.. they were working fine for about 3 months .. just the other day they stopped working now I dont have any brake lights.. but its wierd because I still have them set up like the 02-04 tails.. both circles are lit up but I just dont have any brake lights.. can someone help me..??? are there any fuses for the brake lights.. ?? I checked but didnt find anything.. my 3rd brake light isnt coming on either.. HELP.. HELP.. ITS ALL TAKEN CARE OF GUYS THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP..

ok guys thank you so much for all your help.. It was the brake pedal switch.. i went to Acura today and it was only $8 and they had it in stock.. took me 2 min to put it on..LOL

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
if all 3 of your brake lights dont work then its most likely a fuse, then you have to check why it blew the fuse, maybe one of your wires is shorted somewhere, slightly cut and touched ground and blew the fuse.

Recheck, recheck, and recheck.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
If all three of your brake lights are out, its probably the brake pedal switch or the fuse. We had a problem with some of the acura brake pedal switches, but i dont believe there was ever a tsb for the RSX. I've still replaced quite a few.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok I checked for the fuses under the dash and under the hood and none of them said brake lights.. is it listed under sumthing else..?? and where is the brake pedal switch located so I can check that..???

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,225 Posts
Brake light fuse is number 7 under the hood. To look at the pedal switch, get under the dash, it's mounted near the top of the pedal. You can try pushing on the switch and see if it works, sometimes it can be adjusted and work okay, other times it's toast and must be replaced.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brake light fuse is number 7 under the hood. To look at the pedal switch, get under the dash, it's mounted near the top of the pedal. You can try pushing on the switch and see if it works, sometimes it can be adjusted and work okay, other times it's toast and must be replaced.
Hey I checked the #7 fuse and its perfectly fine so thats not the problem I take it.. but I havent checked the pedal switch its kinda late ill def check that tomorrow and see what happens..thanks alot for your help guys..

·
Want to buy my shirt ?!?
635 Posts
may sound stupid but on my civic eg my tail light wasn't working bcaus of my horn that was making a short... and they where on the same circuit as the brake light... have you touched the horn while doing your convertion...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok guys thank you so much for all your help.. It was the brake pedal switch.. i went to Acura today and it was only $8 and they had it in stock.. took me 2 min to put it on..LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts