Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who thinks upgrading to the 2005+ BMC and booster would be benificial to 02+ S models? I have the ITR brembos w/stainless lines and ITR proportioning valve. Seems like Honda updated the BMC and booster for a firmer feel. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
882 Posts
worth a shot, that will tend to give a harder pedal feel, i believe that all type S models share the same size pistons on the calipers, not sure about the portion valve

·
pronounced: See-Yo
3,732 Posts
worth a shot, that will tend to give a harder pedal feel, i believe that all type S models share the same size pistons on the calipers, not sure about the portion valve
but he's referring to brembo calipers not type s

·
Registered
882 Posts
i got yah, for some reason, i thought the later models had a bigger master cylinder besides the different power booster

·
pronounced: See-Yo
3,732 Posts
I think its a placebo effect.

Both me and My friend have brembos one with the 2005 MBC and Porp valve.

And it feels the same thing to me lol.
did u bleed out your brakes a couple more times? and tap on the calipers to dislodge trapped air? try that and see. it does make a difference.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
peter!

brake booster must be different?

all BMCs have a 15/16" piston, including the ITR...but I have an 05 BMC in my car, awaiting to put in my BB off an 02 (damnit, i guess from ur experience the 05 BB is better).

just gotta stop being lazy to install it, and kinda iffy on the pushrod adjustment, read up on it before, but i forget now.

i'm in need of a prop valve from a type S....wanna sell me ur old one?

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
peter!

brake booster must be different?

all BMCs have a 15/16" piston, including the ITR...but I have an 05 BMC in my car, awaiting to put in my BB off an 02 (damnit, i guess from ur experience the 05 BB is better).

just gotta stop being lazy to install it, and kinda iffy on the pushrod adjustment, read up on it before, but i forget now.

i'm in need of a prop valve from a type S....wanna sell me ur old one?
Yes, all Type S's and Type R's have the 15/16". All base models have the 7/8" pistons, so that's a bit smaller than the S and R variants.

The boosters from 02-04 S models are different from the 05-06 S models. Part numbers for the MC's are the same but the boosters are different.

You don't have to do pushrod adjustments as long as you keep the original MC and booster together. All you need to adjust is the play and brake light switch from the inside cabin.

I can sell you my Type S prop valve. Let me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts