Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed new centric rotors, hawk hps pads, and stop tech SS brake lines on my 06 rsx type-s yesterday. When I step on the brake pedal it feels squishy and I need to push my brake pedal really hard to completely stop the car. It stops better than my old worn stock brake pads and rotors set up but I need to push the pedal harder. I bled my brakes with a vacuum brake bleeding kit and bled it until I only saw small bubbles.

Car is in storage and I've only driven my car for a couple miles and haven't done high speed braking yet only 40 mph to about 10 mph.

Is my brake pedal supposed to feel this way and will it get firmer after driving it more?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Your brakes weren't bled properly. With new pads, rotors, and fluid, there should be only a tiny amount of dead travel in the brake pedal before they start to grab.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The vacuum brake bleeder I bought for $40 sucks that's why there's small bubbles no matter how much I bleed it. Might just try the two person method.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The vacuum brake bleeder I bought for $40 sucks that's why there's small bubbles no matter how much I bleed it. Might just try the two person method.
I have the same symptoms you experiencing. I replaced the rear rotors, installed hawks pads rear and front about 2 weeks ago. Spent $30 on this vacuum bleeder kit:firemad::firemad: worst investment I've made. Took me over 1 hour trying to bleed all calipers with no success since I didn't have any help. Pedal didn't feel right so the next day I had my girl pump my brakes while going through each caliper. Much better that way:thumbsup:
The irony in this is I rear ended this lady in her 07 camry two days after. Stupid accident:mad: Light turned green, she drove off, I followed, then she stopped before merging on the expressway, DESPITE a merge lane being there. Pads too fresh to bite hard enough, didn't make it. Urghhhh sucks ass.
Was going like 15 mph but my whole front end was gone (hood, lights, both fenders, bumper). Power steering tank broke off in the process, fluid everywhere lol. Her car, oh nothing happened, just cosmetic damage smh.
So yea regarding the break-in mileage, you really wanna take it easy on them new hawkies. Great pads by the way. Bleed ASAP.

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts

·
Lakers gonna lake
10,671 Posts
It was on the instructions when I had the ceramics. Lol
interesting about the break in period.. i had hawk hp+ and used hawk blues never noticed instructions for a break in period... bedded the brakes in correctly, let them cool and they were good to go after 15-20 mins.

maybe its just the ceramics? but i never have a break in period for any of my other brake pads idk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts