Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rub a Dub Dub!!!
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here goes...South FLA hasn't had rain in while and were kinda in a drought and today it decides to pour cats and dogs. I have no problem bout it rainin. I noticed something though when I turned on my wipers on. When the wipers would oscilate back and forth i would feel vibration in the brake pedal. I know some of you guys have the same problem, cuz some of the members here posted about it, but none have come up with a logical explanation on why this is? is there a way to eliminate the vibration? Post up ur answers cuz i know someone out there is having the same problem as I am...

·
2013 Hyundai Accent
1,187 Posts
um i'm sure it has something to with where the parts are mounted...havent looked but i'm sure the wiper motors are prolly mounted on the firewall and thats connected to where the pedals come through.....seems pretty logical to me.

·
Rub a Dub Dub!!!
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds logical enuff, hmm, thanks for ur reply, but for solution, maybe still gotta track the problem

·
Rub a Dub Dub!!!
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's normal as far as felling them a bit when they operate . If you have the factory blades still on the car get the rubber inserts changed that will help a lot.
yah, thanks for the reply, i guess if everyone feels it, it must be "normal" whatever normal is for the rsx

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
lol u ppl kill me.....u can feel the wipers through the brake pedal because they are directly linked....the wipers are speed sensitive so when ur at a stop with the brakes on they slow down

·
Rub a Dub Dub!!!
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol u ppl kill me.....u can feel the wipers through the brake pedal because they are directly linked....the wipers are speed sensitive so when ur at a stop with the brakes on they slow down
oh sorry your mighty lordship, i didn't know askin a question was illegal. Yo if u felt somethin wrong you'd ask it too, dats y theres a frickin forum

·
Shiny side up!
930 Posts
lol u people kill me

Directly linked are they ? So if i push on the brake real hard will they speed up or slow down ? What about ...if I lift up on the brake pedal Will that change anything ? Yes will are all aware that if you set the wipers they will pick up to slow speed when you start to move . But if you bothered to read the Fuk..en ? you will see he's talking about a clunk feeling when the wipers go back & forth (through the brake pedal ) Posting a lot is becoming more evident of something to say,, rather than knowing what your talking about !!:firemad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts