Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Slotted and drilled rotors, and they are getting a little worn down. I know I should get new rotors but im going through a financial hardship right now. So I was wondering if it was ok to turn the rotors and stuff....Thanks an advance..

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Speaking from experience, I'd rather have an average looking girl who swallows than a contest-winning bitch.

This was about brakes I think.
LOL that's true. She's probably (well... 99% sure she is...) really dumb. Fun for a night but no longer.

and yeah, don't flip your rotors or buy into any of that re-surfacing BS... DIY and save some $$$

G

·
I don't believe slotted or drilled rotors can be machined. That would cause all sorts of problems for the lathe. You just replace them. Good luck.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahaha, thanks for the help..p.s. its the girlfriend ; ) and shes actually she is not the reason for the financial problems. far from it, its the job that is causing it. Guess Ill buy some Acura OEM rotors for 100 a piece. gotta pay to play

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I take it you're going to DIY the brake job?

...and those have GOT to be fake... too perfect looking ;)
haha yeah im going to do them myself. I have to remove a stud from the hub. but the dust shield is in the way, I dont want to remove the hub because I do not want to replace the berring inside..but we will see....

and they most def are fake..not even going to lie. but good for sticking the hot dog between the buns.:rotfl:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
haha yeah im going to do them myself. I have to remove a stud from the hub. but the dust shield is in the way, I dont want to remove the hub because I do not want to replace the berring inside..but we will see....

and they most def are fake..not even going to lie. but good for sticking the hot dog between the buns.:rotfl:
Never done my brakes myself but read a buncha DIY's when I was gonna do them on my prelude... Can't you just kinda bend the dust shield outta the way?

and yeah, no offense but I'd motorboat those things around the globe!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Never done my brakes myself but read a buncha DIY's when I was gonna do them on my prelude... Can't you just kinda bend the dust shield outta the way?

and yeah, no offense but I'd motorboat those things around the globe!
Ill try bending it, hopefully that works, and none taken...lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts