Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see what choices people have gone with their preferred brake pads and rotors I'm going with the r1 concepts drilled crossed slotted ones what about everyone else anyone preferred ones?

·
广州本田
250 Posts
Save your money, go to local auto store and pick up a set of their lowest priced blank rotors. Unless you want the cross drilled slotted look....

·
Premium Member
15,843 Posts

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
when I was tracking the car, regular ol blank rotors were tops. the cheaper the better.

·
Registered
473 Posts
when I was tracking the car, regular ol blank rotors were tops. the cheaper the better.
+1 I remember awhile back reading an in depth article explaining how blanks perform actually better than slotted or drilled rotors. They may help with dissipating heat better and brake dust. But because of the less surface area of contact the pads have actually perform worse for braking distances, as well as making the disc weaker and more prone to cracking and braking.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I use Centric E-coated rotors. No slots, no drilling.
I like the E-coating and the quality of machining.
Stock OEM pads.

..just my preference.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Slotted rotors in the front/hawk hps pads...ebc ultimaxx rear rotors/duralast cmaxx...anybody else hawks squeak sometimes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts