Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when i hit about 90 and above... and i have to break(maybe i am pressing the breaks to hard) the wheel starts to shake rapidly but its still controllable... so i tested it out driving around 40 50 60 70 and there is no problem... its just at highspeeds... what i am thinking is that because its front wheel drive and the car is breaking, accelerating, turning all on the front end... not sure though... has anybody else had this issue? mind you that the car only has 20k miles on it

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
you have a spelling problem...brakes

it sounds like you may have slightly warped rotors

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i was typing it really fast i apologize... but i checked through the routers and they seem like they are fine... prolly about 30k i will need new ones... i was thinking about just buying the brembo drill through w/out calipers etc.. but i dunno its annoying that this happens

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
Under braking the steering wheel shakes?

or simply going 90 the steering wheel shakes..

cuz those are two different things...i just want to clear that up

Its pretty clear if your braking at high speed and there is abnormal vibration, your ROTORS are prob warped...

Either get em resurfaced, or replaced

This premature warp is due to reptetive braking, without allowing for the brakes to cool... (also could be contributed to improper break-in)

Its important if you do a lot of stop and go, or a lot of high speed braking to allowing for them to cool...

1 tip is when u come to a complete stop, dont use the brakes to keep you still...let off the brake, and use the parking brake...

Your rear rotors dont do nearly as much braking as the front, and dont get as hot either...

the combination of excessive heat 600+ degrees + the pressure of the pads = warping of the rotors...

(there are other ways of warping rotors, but this is one)

·
Registered
8 Posts
come on people, everybody should know this, ur rotors are defi. warped, 110 %, if i were u then i would buy a set of new ones, havin them resurfaced will only make it better temporary. then after that, they will get worse again. and do ur self a favor and stop slammin on the brakes at 90...

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
+1 for warped rotors....

replace them as said... do not resurface.

mine do the same thing (but only hard braking at like 77mph :p ) I will replace sometime in the future

G

·
come on people, everybody should know this, ur rotors are defi. warped, 110 %, if i were u then i would buy a set of new ones, havin them resurfaced will only make it better temporary. then after that, they will get worse again. and do ur self a favor and stop slammin on the brakes at 90...
Two illiterates does not equal one literate...Oh, by the way: Welcome to Club RSX :rotfl:

·
fob, DDS
3,365 Posts
like majority of the people here, your rotors are warped.
My brembo GT rotors are warped and they can't be resurfaced..
I just need to buy a new set .. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts