Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to get new reverse bulbs for a while now. I want something that is bright, so people behind me can see me reversing even better. It would be nice if the light was a pure white as well. What are some brands to check out? Also what bulb size am I looking for?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have blue reverse lights , there not very bright , actually they suck for brightness but they look cool:thumbsup:

·
Overlord
106 Posts
PhrostyNLS said:
I have blue reverse lights , there not very bright , actually they suck for brightness but they look cool:thumbsup:
i have blue bulbs also so far they have been lasting a long time

and

·
kicker
1,852 Posts
I had those blue ones also. After a while they didnt look as blue and they werent even bright as stock. I took them out after a while and the stock ones were brighter.

·
Overlord
106 Posts
mvkicker said:
I had those blue ones also. After a while they didnt look as blue and they werent even bright as stock. I took them out after a while and the stock ones were brighter.
what brand were yours? I've had these for about a year now and there still as blue as when I 1st got them.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so I mentioned a pure white, bright color. Are the blue bulbs you guys are using showing white light? And what is the bulb number I am looking for?

·
Overlord
106 Posts
travanx said:
ok so I mentioned a pure white, bright color. Are the blue bulbs you guys are using showing white light? And what is the bulb number I am looking for?
here is a better blue pic

here is the package of the bulb

I hope that helps.

just found the bulb number, 7440

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
make your "my photos" public, we can't see them, jsut red x's. go change your settings in yahoo to public, and then edit your post, and take out everything after .jpg i think that should work.

·
Overlord
106 Posts
02 DsrtSilverBase said:
make your "my photos" public, we can't see them, jsut red x's. go change your settings in yahoo to public, and then edit your post, and take out everything after .jpg i think that should work.
you should be able to see the pics when you log in to the clubrsx site and then go to this page.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
im logged on and i still cant see them

·
Overlord
106 Posts
aurilleous said:
im logged on and i still cant see them
i set up a link in my sig, check it out let me know what you think

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I just typed in 7440 on ebay and purchase the cheapest set of bulbs I kind find being that it's only my reverse. That was like 6 months ago, the bulbs still work perfectly, nicely clear whitsih color.

·
Registered
170 Posts
reverse lights

The reverse light bulbs are 21w.

The PIAA bulbs that jstn describes as "amazing" are 27w.

I wonder if JSTN did any comparison testing as the wattage isn't much more than the standard. The PIAA bulbs are whiter but not much brighter.

I have a halogen with twice the wattage but in comparison to the standard bulb it's hard to see a difference.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts