Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Teh Lakeshow
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the brightest led wedge (194) wedge bulb for the rear license plate? I want those lights like you see behind those new Lexus IS, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
What is the brightest led wedge (194) wedge bulb for the rear license plate? I want those lights like you see behind those new Lexus IS, any help is appreciated. Thanks!
The IS uses two separate high intensity LEDs pointed right towards the plate to get that effect. The 194/168 wedge bulb and the position it is in may make that a hard goal to obtian. Hit me up via PM, I have some you can test out and see if they work out for you.

·
Still cookin...
379 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts

·
Still cookin...
379 Posts

Here is a pic of how they look during the day. They are two light boards that I mounted above the license plate to get the "dual" look. I connected both boards to the same power wire that is connected to a 194 bulb-shaped plug that goes into the stock license plate socket. I know that this is not a 194 bulb like you asked. Just a simple alternative. By the way, how do you think it looks? My big thing was that I didn't want the light source to be visible to other cars. Just wanted the glow. Total cost was $20 shipping included. Less than some PIAA's cost.

·
Banned
642 Posts
i used a 8 smd (not even superflux) led circuit board that fit perfectly in the clear plastic casing.
was bright (not overkill bright) and pretty uniform but it had a tinge of blue to it.

not necessary to read, just getting some anger out. ahh !!!
one day a fat, not so intelligent, rude, and -hadnt met his qouta- officer pulled me over.
he gave me lots of hassle about my 6000k hid, yellow fogs, lisence plate bulb, even made me test my high beams and one was out!
i live in miami !!

so basically being polite and correcting his grammer and understanding the purpose of projectors, kelvin, and deep yellow against the fog and so on, without offending him. and a quick threat, saying his manor was unprofessional, i would report him, appear to court with everything fixed, have my case dismissed and a letter from my police chief (i work under the supervision of a police chief) would go to his police chief.

he let me off the hook and told me to fix it.

all in all i took it out cause i dont want him messing with me. and im going to switch to 5000k bulbs when i do my front conversion (very soon).

·
Comptech powaaaaa!!!
4,293 Posts

Here is a pic of how they look during the day. They are two light boards that I mounted above the license plate to get the "dual" look. I connected both boards to the same power wire that is connected to a 194 bulb-shaped plug that goes into the stock license plate socket. I know that this is not a 194 bulb like you asked. Just a simple alternative. By the way, how do you think it looks? My big thing was that I didn't want the light source to be visible to other cars. Just wanted the glow. Total cost was $20 shipping included. Less than some PIAA's cost.
can they get wet......are they waterproof and how did u mount the led boards

·
Still cookin...
379 Posts
I have to admit it looks really nice, but I mean...isn't that saying "Hey Cop, look how clearly you can see my license plate for you to write down in case I'm running from you?" xD
No, I haven't had any problems with water. The connections are all inside the bulb housing so water can't get to it. And while I have only had it for a few months, I haven't ran from any cops lately so I can't say if it helps them out or not:rotfl:

I don't know, people replace their headlights to HID and some say it attracts cops. These lights are not illegal and I don't really see them attracting cops to me. If I get any shit from cops, I'll let you guys know haha.

Here is my DIY by the way...http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=25279181#post25279181

·
Registered
30 Posts
i like that tail light rewiring for the 2nd gen ^^

getting mines done today :p

back onto the subject, so like can i order some on superbrightleds.com? like are they good to like shoot through out the entire license plate? they say like 180-360 degrees, but does it REALLY work like that?

and some of them don't even look like they fit

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
i like that tail light rewiring for the 2nd gen ^^

getting mines done today :p

back onto the subject, so like can i order some on superbrightleds.com? like are they good to like shoot through out the entire license plate? they say like 180-360 degrees, but does it REALLY work like that?

and some of them don't even look like they fit
The thing with LED bulbs is the LEDs are still directional, so even though they may be positioned on the bulb for 360/180 degrees coverage, the housing only allow for one or two LEDs to light up the plate, most of the output is probably wasted.
You can always try it out and see, we have bulbs that will do the same. The other thing you can do is send the plate light housing to us and well custom install a full array of LEDs into it for you.

·
my tec always fall asleep
501 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.