Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So While installing my intake this morning I was a little to persuasive with a hose and the nipple broke this goes to the first tube on my intake.....ok first off will anything traumatic happen to the car?....I ran it and runs fine and I'm not throwing any codes.....which is what I was worried about......I searched for the part and it was under water pump sensor this is the part number 19350-PRB-A00 my other question is do I have to buy the whole unit or just the top portion where mine got damaged I ask because the portion that I speak of is bolted on to the rest of this>>>>(19350-PRB-A00) the actual part that snapped off is circled in red on the JPEG attachment thanks for any help guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aww man the would have been a great come up..... oh well IM trying to find it new at a local parts store but no go and checking out part outs and craigs but what the hell do I call it since it doesnt even have a part number to itself.....lol "Hey dude you got the plastic thing with two nipples that goes on top of the ......water pump sensor.....Thing?" lol

·
QUACK ATTACK!!!!
3,864 Posts
its not a huge problem, its just for cold starts anyways. K-tuned sells a adapter kit that caps the piece. Mine broke during a motor swap, and another buddy of mine is broken too. Cheaply made plastic piece, lol. Here is what K-tuned says about it:

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/Idle-Air-Assist-Delete-Kit_p_33.html
The air assist valve was designed to raise the idle during a cold start up to increase engine warm up speed.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
haha my car came with that part taped over with electrical tape. It was hidden under the valve cover
haha WTF, shady people man.
its not a huge problem, its just for cold starts anyways. K-tuned sells a adapter kit that caps the piece. Mine broke during a motor swap, and another buddy of mine is broken too. Cheaply made plastic piece, lol. Here is what K-tuned says about it:

The air assist valve was designed to raise the idle during a cold start up to increase engine warm up speed.
mine too!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I figured it wouldn't be a big deal since it was plugged into the intake tube just thought it mite ruin something since it was looped in there with filtered air plus I didn't really know what its function was hence the sketchyness on my part, should I take any measures into dealing with it for now like "electrical tape" I'm gonna check out the link for the adapter in a bit

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ha! this is awesome and cheap too! I'm gonna try to fab something up if all else fails I'm picking this up, knowing how something functions really gets my confidence back up so I can tinker with it. Thanks for the help.:weeeeeeeeee::weeeeeeeeee:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.