Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Ehhhh......
9,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I am vacuuming my car in my garage, cleaning up the insides and doorsill. I leave the deck lid up...totally forgot about it...when I go to back the car out (back end first) I hear a hugh crunch :noes: .

So, first things first, I curse out loud to myself...:firemad: ...pull the car back into the garage, get out and find that the right side of my high wing has been ripped off...at first glance its not too bad...but as I look at it some more, the right side bolts are still in the deck lid with the wing now just flapping there...:eek: ...I thought I could fix it, but the bolts are actually part of the wing...so now, I have to buy a new one!!

I was looking on line here but found no new ones for sale...had to order it from my Acura here for $350...was looking online (google), but nothing that was considerably cheaper and new.

Anyone now of anyplace that has them?

Anyways, I will try to post pics later...if I am not crying about it some more!

- Reckon

Reactions: Big Cam

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
Ouch, that sucks....

.....but I loled...sorry:eek:

Just be glad that it only fucked up the wing and not the deck lid also.

Reactions: TheHills44060

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
I'd go ahead and just replace it with a carbon fiber wing...

Reactions: quevaj

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
How did you look in your rearview mirror and not see anything back there but back up anyway??? I would think you'd be used to seeing your wing in your mirror....

·
I'll never fall in line
2,069 Posts
I was looking on line here but found no new ones for sale...had to order it from my Acura here for $350...was looking online (google), but nothing that was considerably cheaper and new.
Is it $350 painted? If it is, thats not that bad of a deal, I've seen $450 at other places. Carbon Fiber would be the cheapest route.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
damn good luck

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
So...I am vacuuming my car in my garage, cleaning up the insides and doorsill. I leave the deck lid up...totally forgot about it...when I go to back the car out (back end first) I hear a hugh crunch :noes: .

So, first things first, I curse out loud to myself...:firemad: ...pull the car back into the garage, get out and find that the right side of my high wing has been ripped off...at first glance its not too bad...but as I look at it some more, the right side bolts are still in the deck lid with the wing now just flapping there...:eek: ...I thought I could fix it, but the bolts are actually part of the wing...so now, I have to buy a new one!!

Anyone now of anyplace that has them?

Anyways, I will try to post pics later...if I am not crying about it some more!

- Reckon
Buy an s2000

·
Ehhhh......
9,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went home for lunch and looked for the camera, but just remembered the wife took it with her on her trip (went to VA with the daughter to the grandparents house for spring break). Pics will have to wait till she gets back...

I normally put the deck lid back down when I finish vacuuming the rear...but for some odd reason I just didn't remember this time...I have no idea why...it was definitely a brainfart moment, but still...

Yeah, $350 actual OEM high wing, painted NBP. I'll be putting this one on myself though since the holes are already drilled (save me some money in labor too).

Oh well...carbon fiber huh...might look into that...

- Reckon

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.