Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
asdf
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uhh..how to fix and where can I buy? This is kinda emergency cause i need to have the cable grounded to there..was just tightning it (as you can see it seemed to be leaking)...and it just cracked with hardly any pressure applied...

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
same thing happened to me...i have no clue. i just left mine like that because my cable is grounded on the IM

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
They cant witsthand more than 5 foot pounds of torque

90011-PNA-003

Thats the part you need, its really easy, take the valve cover off, unscrew the broken bolt, and replace. Be sure to put honda bond onto the 90 degree bends when putting the valve cover back on.

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
same thing happened to me...i have no clue. i just left mine like that because my cable is grounded on the IM
Not a bright idea, if that robber gromet comes loose, or dirt can find its way in, you'll be sorry. It's an 8 dollar bolt.

·
asdf
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ugh i have to have the cable grounded there because i have hondata img..

·
Formerly Trvotypes
7,220 Posts
i did the same thing just rplaced it

·
asdf
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well just placed order for one..they wont have it til tuesday though, ugh. gotta find a way to attach grounding wire so i can run my car ....ideas?

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
well just placed order for one..they wont have it til tuesday though, ugh. gotta find a way to attach grounding wire so i can run my car ....ideas?
Hondata "suggests" that you change the ground location, but truth of the matter is, that the bolts going through the intake manifold touching the head of the block is enough of a ground, you can reattach it to the intake manifold.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Uhh..how to fix and where can I buy? This is kinda emergency cause i need to have the cable grounded to there..was just tightning it (as you can see it seemed to be leaking)...and it just cracked with hardly any pressure applied...

I broke the same damn bolt and I had to drive to work with it broken and oil spewed everywhere even though I left the seal pressed down in there.

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
a hardware store like Home Depot should have it

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
well if your bolt is broken like mine, you gotta order both!

·
Former Mod-Still a God
209,105 Posts

i did the same thing, those bolts are really weak

1,493 Posts
i did the same thing, those bolts are really weak
on mine, I just broke the tip of the bolt a slight bit, so with the metal cup type washer piece off, which is surely just cosmetic, left the rubber seal and screwed the nut on top of that, seems fine, dont see any leakage..been that way for months and months now

·
Bossin
1,057 Posts
i'll look it up right now. but i was talking about the actual stud that goes into the head lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts