Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CodeMonkey
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a BC2 body kit and I have some questions about it.

1) What is needed for this kit to be prepped? I've taken off the OEM front and rear bumper. There are holes for screws and plugs but there are 'notches' at the top that hold it in place. Do the notches come already on the kit and it only needs to be drilled or do the 'notches' have to be cut too?

2) When it comes to painting it, what's needed for this kit? Since it's fiberglass does it need to be sanded or just primed and painted?

3) Let's say I want to repaint my whole car a few years down the road. Can the kit be repainted? Or do I have to buy a whole new kit?

4) Assuming the prepping goes perfectly, how close to an OEM fit is the kit?

5) Lastly, what is the quality of the kit? I'm mostly concerned about something small coming off the road and hitting the fiberglass. Will it just chip the paint because it's tough or do I get a crack in the fiberglass too? If I get a crack, how easy is it for me to repair?

I'm asking these questions because I have some extra money and I'm trying to decide if the BC2 kit is a wise idea. I love the looks but it's my daily driver and I want to make sure it'll look good and last. Thanks in advance for all the help.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Ok well here's my opinion. The kit looks awsome and the fit is almost perfect. It doesn't required much prep work before paint and it can be repainted. the only problem i've had is that my front end only sits about 2" off the ground and i've cracked it twice (my fault). You can look at website and see on some of the pics of the really good fitment, hope ya like it.

·
CodeMonkey
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
master22 said:
Ok well here's my opinion. The kit looks awsome and the fit is almost perfect. It doesn't required much prep work before paint and it can be repainted. the only problem i've had is that my front end only sits about 2" off the ground and i've cracked it twice (my fault). You can look at website and see on some of the pics of the really good fitment, hope ya like it.
What did the prep work involve - Does the kit have the notches at the top of the front/rear bumpers? How about drilling?

Thanks for the input. I'm leaning more towards getting the kit now.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
we fitted up the bodykit and made sure it fit correctly and made adjustments were needed. then we sanded the kit and primed and painted. yes it has the notches at the top on the front bumper the rear is slightly different but nothing a guy with a junior high education couldn't do.

·
CodeMonkey
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
master22 said:
we fitted up the bodykit and made sure it fit correctly and made adjustments were needed. then we sanded the kit and primed and painted. yes it has the notches at the top on the front bumper the rear is slightly different but nothing a guy with a junior high education couldn't do.
When you say you fitted the body kit, did you have to drill holes? Do you think if I get the kit sanded/primed/painted/etc that I could install it myself? Or is that a little too dangerous for a novice?

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
before you do anything fit the kit up to the car and make the adjusments necessary, there will be a little sanding involved, you will have to drill holes but its not hard, if the guy ain't chargin much let him do it and it will save you the headache

·
dude..wheres my car
16,177 Posts
master22 said:
before you do anything fit the kit up to the car and make the adjusments necessary, there will be a little sanding involved, you will have to drill holes but its not hard, if the guy ain't chargin much let him do it and it will save you the headache
how has ur front held up from all the scraping? im thinking about putting a skid plate so i can drop on a prokit

·
CodeMonkey
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
master22 said:
Last question I promise. Thanks again for the help.

When you say adjustments, do you mean just pushing it around or adjusting some kind of metal piece?

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
i mean like adjustment of the thickness of some of the fiberglass to fit correctly. you'll see its not much. and as for the other question about my bumper holding up, no i cracked it 2 times so far but its my fault i ride so low to the ground i should pay more attention

1 - 9 of 9 Posts