Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you had a choice between the Buddy Club II body kit or the OEM body kit, which would you choose? I'm looking for something that is clean / sharp looking and will not be so low to the ground that I have to worry about hitting every bump I go over. I like the looks of both kits but I like the OEM because it's not so low to the ground, on the other hand I like the BCII because it's unique and not everyone has it. So I leave the decision to you my fellow peers since I can't decide. Oh, and the cost will be about the same for either kit since I've gotta replace the front bumper anyway.

Thanks,
KnightRSX

Also, those of you who have the Buddy Club II kit have you had any problems, like with installation or fitment and driving around?

· Registered
141 Posts
I like the oem kit from acura. Looks real good. Not to mention that the kit does not have to be painted.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a concern I had with the BCII also. It's ass is freakin huge. I was hoping there would be an rsx with a BCII kit at the acura meet in o-town today, but no one showed up with the kit.

Anyone else have opinions? I've gotta decide before tomorrow evening.

KnightRSX

· tie - coorz
488 Posts
what shibbism said is probably true. we both got the kit at the same time when it wasnt that popular. sometimes i'm happy i got the kit.....sets me apart from other rsx's....get a lot of looks and compliments from people....and its light fiberglass. on the other hand, oem is the cleanest, easiest, cheapest way to look good. and its not fiberglass....major plus (ive already spent over $800 fixing cracks/bottom outs/salt/rock chips from winter....etc).....its a lot of maintenance to look good.
i hope these pics can get a decision from you...
:eek: :eek:

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tike0rz said:
what shibbism said is probably true. we both got the kit at the same time when it wasnt that popular. sometimes i'm happy i got the kit.....sets me apart from other rsx's....get a lot of looks and compliments from people....and its light fiberglass. on the other hand, oem is the cleanest, easiest, cheapest way to look good. and its not fiberglass....major plus (ive already spent over $800 fixing cracks/bottom outs/salt/rock chips from winter....etc).....its a lot of maintenance to look good.
i hope these pics can get a decision from you...
:eek: :eek:
Are you riding on stock suspension or do you have it lowered... this goes for shibbism also?

· tie - coorz
488 Posts
shibbism said:
he's on the prokit...i was gonna drop it but i dont wanna scrape like 10 times a day so im on stock suspension on 18s with a 225-40 tire
i dont scrape nearly as much as i thought i would. the pro kit actually keeps you pretty high....its just stiffer for more performance oriented rather than looks. but yes.....you sure as hell dont wanna scrape the bc2 kit...

· On a mission from God
1,564 Posts
With a 1.5-2.0" drop the OEM kit looks great. I have the OEM and I'm lowered on Tein s-techs, theres about 4 speed bumps i go over every day and i never scrape. If you don't plan to lower though, i'd go with BCII in that case. OEM kit doesn't look great on a car thats not lowered IMO.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, most people like the BCII kit and I'll be able to get it cheaper than if I go with the OEM kit. Thanks for all your help everyone.

One more question though, what happens when I go to sell my car? Will it go up or down in value because of the kit?

KnightRSX

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess it's all a matter of finding the right buyer. I'd put the factory bumper back on but it's damaged, that's why I'm getting the body kit. My mom works for a dealership and they don't give anywhere near what the cars worth anyway so I'll just worry about it later.

· ...gOt boOst
1,210 Posts
Im luvn my BC2 kit....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.