1 - 20 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These coils are awesome :)

Front adjustible camber:

Install:
I didnt install them myself, but I watched a friend do it step-by-step and everything seemed pretty straight forward. There weren't any complications or anything.

Front:

Rear:

Features:
-Spring rate: F:10 R: 14
-15-way adjustible
-There is a bearing on top of the spring to eliminate the popping or spring noise :thumbsup:
Pic of bearing:

-Ride height:0" - 3"
-Ride height adjustment is separate from the preload adjustment

Ride:
At first I set them in the middle (8 clicks from stiffest) and it rides similar to stock, but a little stiffer. When I got home, I changed it to full stiff and my cousin Arjay (black_dc5) said it felt like Toda Fightex that he rode in. Arjay has the Buddy Club RSD and they feel very similar. In fact, they have somewhat of the same design. I have yet to test different adjustments.

Pics:
Before Pics:

After Pics:

I'm dropped about 3":

I honestly think these coilovers are AWESOME. If you are looking for comfortability, you'll get it. If you're looking for track coilovers, you'll get em. The MSRP price is 1350, which I think is good. Trust me, the Buddy Club N+ are worth the price.

I'll get more pictures ASAP.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
whats up with the zip ties? and why did you chose these coilovers? for that price you could get similar coilovers and a raceheader. I wish you were closer so I could check them out in person. and do you plan on using them for auto-x or just for looks?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spd579 said:
whats up with the zip ties? and why did you chose these coilovers? for that price you could get similar coilovers and a raceheader. I wish you were closer so I could check them out in person. and do you plan on using them for auto-x or just for looks?
The zip ties are i think for the break lines. Just to keep them more secure i guess. I chose these because I do drive on the street a lot and plan to auto x sooner or later. I've looked into other coilovers like Megan's, Tanabe, Buddy Club RSD, etc., but the Tanabe's were not stiff enough, the Megan's i'm not too sure about, and Buddy Club RSD are just too pricey for me. In the N+, I got the stiffness i wanted and comfortability if i adjust the coils.

·
yup
7,574 Posts
oh shit they look great! and it's good to hear that they feel comfortable too while at the same time they can be aggressive enough to autox... and it's cool that you could compare them to the rsds...

shit, i have to look into these some more now!

looks great! :thumbsup: i'd give u rep if i could

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
asdff said:
oh shit they look great! and it's good to hear that they feel comfortable too while at the same time they can be aggressive enough to autox... and it's cool that you could compare them to the rsds...

shit, i have to look into these some more now!

looks great! :thumbsup: i'd give u rep if i could
yea, look into them more, they're awesome :D

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have the megans and dont have any problems.....and they come with 32 way adjustment and even have a knob so you can adjust them with your fingers.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
spd579 said:
I have the megans and dont have any problems.....and they come with 32 way adjustment and even have a knob so you can adjust them with your fingers.
Buddy Club N+ also has the knob. I was just unsure about megans. It's all my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The adjustment knobs are on the top of the shocks in the rear and on the bottom on the front because they are inverted monotubes up front.

·
HPD
619 Posts
sweettt....thats a crazy ass dropp

·
too poor to mod
193 Posts
waiting for more pictures

if they're comparable to the RSD's, this will be my #1 choice of coilovers

btw, is a rear camber kit needed for this if i want to lower the car more that 2"?

·
Talk about Idols.....
1,157 Posts
Wow....THese are awesome. I love Buddy Club stuff.

So you said the stiffness can go as soft as stock or to a nice stiff setting for more spirited driving? No popping noises? Sounds like an awesome setup. Now all I have to do is find $1350. Maybe I'll hold out for these instead of the Mugen SS and Megans.

1 - 20 of 305 Posts