Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, heres the story, a fellow member installed my coilovers today and everything went well. Until, we took it for a drive and noticed a clanking sound coming from the trunk, specifically, the left rear coilover. Its a weird clunking noise and we couldnt figure out where the noise was coming from. Everything was bolted on tightly, and the ride height was adjust. Its about a finger gap right now, and the noise gets louder on bumps.

Did anyone else have this issue or know what the problem might be? I'm going to take it to a shop to get an alignment but would like to know what might be causing the odd noise.

Thanks!

·
JDM
738 Posts
had the exact same problem with mine. Went back to the shop where i got them installed, they told me it was defective :ugh: ok, then i contact the place where i got them and they told me to just retighten everything. Well after getting everything retighten, and after couple more weeks of driving the"knocking/ clunking" noise seems to be gone :confused: . Go figure. Hope the noise stay away.
good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
sounds like the locking perch for the height is loose. take a screw driver (flat) stick it on the single locking perch and then what i did was use a hammer to hit the screw driver and it nicely tightened it...... no more clucking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts