Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my shortshifter compared to other people that have BC shortshifter isnt as low. My height looks like stock height but the throws are shorter. I have an 05 type-s...did i get a defected shortshifter?

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
I don't believe the actual shift lever isn't any shorter, just the throws. At least, that's what I noticed with mine.

·
I Love My Wife
2,738 Posts
nope that's how it is. I recommend adjusting the shifter to the point that you want it the first time. I had mine set about half-way and then put it to the shortest later on but the little screw that holds the post to the shifter sucks. It stripped out while i was pulling up to a stop sign, had to pull of the top portion of the center console and push in the shifter cables by hand all the way home.

I guess buddyclub wont have a replacement piece until april so hopefully their reworking the piece so that the little extra gap where the shifter cable attaches to is eliminated as well. Kinda hard to describe but if you've installed the part you know what i'm talking about. I know you can just fill the gap with washers but its a pain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.