Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Master Member
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The world's most exclusive car has just got better. Following the trend which the California started, the Grand Sport will be a roadster with a unique, removable roof.

In allowing for the roof chop, Bugatti’s designers have braced key structural areas to maintain rigidity and safey levels. Bugatti claims the Grand Sport's structural integrity and protection is at least as good as the coupe's.

The Grand Sport will be officially unveiled in just over two weeks’ time at this year’s Pebble Beach Concourse d’Elegance, on August 16th. Production vehicles are expected to see the showroom floors in Spring 2009. More info in due course.

Topless Veyron with equal chassis rigidity? I'll have one, please.

·
Check REPTAR!!!!!!
15,879 Posts
I like the cocaine white with black top look. Too bad I can't even sell my soul for enough money to buy one of these

·
I slang Acuras
760 Posts
sooo, what's that up the price to? 1.75m? edit: OOOOOOOOOOH! $2.25M

there are 2 coupes sitting at a dealership around the corner from my house. they've been there for a long time. nice to look at everytime i drive by.

·
thisdancegetstheladies
4,750 Posts
sweet. not only does it maintain its original rigidity, it has good safey levels.

looks sweet

·
N54>K20
1,009 Posts
damn its still ugly

·
Beware the Eggplant
16,632 Posts
In allowing for the roof chop, Bugatti’s designers have braced key structural areas to maintain rigidity and safey levels. Bugatti claims the Grand Sport's structural integrity and protection is at least as good as the coupe's.
I was a little pent up for a second there, until I read that. @ 1000 HP the car would twist itself in half without proper structural support.

lol @ Veyron vert with front left and back right wheels not touching the ground @ a standstill.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
goood a covertable Veyron...now when douchbags crash these cars they can go flying out of them.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
^Lamborghini's/Ferrari's/and Aston Martins are aerodynamic and they are far from round looking vox. A car can be Aero without excessive round curves like this thing. Im unbiased anyways towards cars thats too round(beetle) or too boxy(challenger) and im pretty sure you have seen me said it in other threads.

·
28,748 Posts
Ferraris and Lambos are aerodynamic, but that doesn't mean that their design was what was needed for a 400kph+ car...

·
Master Member
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ferraris and Lambos are aerodynamic, but that doesn't mean that their design was what was needed for a 400kph+ car...
+1

^Lamborghini's/Ferrari's/and Aston Martins are aerodynamic and they are far from round looking vox. A car can be Aero without excessive round curves like this thing. Im unbiased anyways towards cars thats too round(beetle) or too boxy(challenger) and im pretty sure you have seen me said it in other threads.

Moses, I see you in alot of the auto talk threads, so I'm assuming that you have somewhat a decent understanding of the way modern day supercars are designed.

the kind of aerodynamics that are required to go 186-206 mph (i.e. said Lambos, Ferraris, and Astons) are FAR different than those required to go 252mph. There is an article floating around the net about the aerodynamic drag of the veyron as it accelerates above 200mph...its insane.

function>form. but form really isnt that bad.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts