Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put out several posts about my car a couple months ago, I thought it was time to update so here it goes. Currently my engine is getting a makeover with pauter rods, je pistons, clutchmasters stage 4 clutch, SAFC, AEM Fuel Rail, NX N-tercooler kit, a revo short shifter, and ARP head studs and main studs. I also have a C-west bodykit I'll be putting on later, but don't have the money for paint and installation due to the cost of everything else. Before I was running 13.3s in the quarter w/[email protected] depending on weather and fuel , and I'm expecting low12s to high 11s w/[email protected] If you have any questions feel free to ask. I've posted them before, but it's been awhile so here is the website with pictures of my car, www.geocities.com/mf9278/rsxturbo1.html

·
Registered
268 Posts
im ordering the pauter rods this week also....thing is that the stock wrist pin diameter is rather small. i think wiseco is going to want to use a larger wrist pin for extra safety so pauter will have to machine rods with larger wrist pin diameter.

this is what they told me on the phone

also im not sure if im going withthe wiseco pistons or JE. i perfer the wiseco because JE supposedly has alot of thermal expansion due to there forging process and that means you will have alot of piston slap untill the motor is up to full operating temp.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To cure the wrist pin problem I took the pins to a local machine shop and had them shave them down to fit correctly, keep in mind I would make sure it is a reputable machine shop but this takes care of that problem. As far as the pistons go I know a lot of people who use je and have absolutely no problems pushing over 400whp, but Wiseco also makes good pistons, however when I bought my pistons they had not started making them for my car yet, and I didn't feel like waiting for a custom set.

·
Registered
349 Posts
How does your car account for the increased fuel requirements of your turbo? I know you're adding an S-AFC, but prior to that I'm asking about. Are you using the stock injectors, and , if so, what fuel pressure are you needing to use under WOT?

Thanks for the answers. Good job with your car!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To account for the fuel I had a custom fuel return system built with a 255lph B&M fuel pump and a Cartech FMU, I am also still using the stock injectors but plan on changing them out very soon, I'll see how my A/F ratio looks after dyno tuning. Thanks for the questions, feel free to keep them coming.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry I haven't actually checked the fuel pressure, I just adjusted the FMU when I was getting the car dyno tuned to achieve a good A/F ratio, however the FMU had a good amount of adjustment left when I was finished.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.