Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DreamPerformance_4_U
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

What are some tip and guides to how can i build my motor to handle turbo. I looking at spending 6 grand on the motor alone. What kind of parts do i need and brand. Looking to make around 400 to 600 WHP. What are the recommendations. I do know that Rods, bearing, crank, sleeve and piston(all forge) but what are the brands i can go with and no top of the like stuff but performance parts that will handle the power. I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys,

What are some tip and guides to how can i build my motor to handle turbo. I looking at spending 6 grand on the motor alone. What kind of parts do i need and brand. Looking to make around 400 to 600 WHP. What are the recommendations. I do know that Rods, bearing, crank, sleeve and piston(all forge) but what are the brands i can go with and no top of the like stuff but performance parts that will handle the power. I would greatly appreciate it.
Suggesst full bolt ons with K-Pro (facepalm) then get a good turbo set up maybe garret or greddy just depends on your budget go from there and good brands for cams are BC and drag cartel then I would suggest eagle rods and there's ton of options for pistons so personal choice and for valve train super-tech all day! Just do your research its what we all had to do good luck on your build bud

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts
welcome aboard. go into the turbo subforum, and go to the turbo chat thread, and check with those guys to see what they did on their builds. if you get no response, just post a thread in the turbo section.

·
DreamPerformance_4_U
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suggesst full bolt ons with K-Pro (facepalm) then get a good turbo set up maybe garret or greddy just depends on your budget go from there and good brands for cams are BC and drag cartel then I would suggest eagle rods and there's ton of options for pistons so personal choice and for valve train super-tech all day! Just do your research its what we all had to do good luck on your build bud
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,794 Posts
Choosing a brand is really more or less up to you. We all prefer something a little different.

I'm running Manley H beam rods, Wiseco pistons

As for you, you have to determine things like what compression do you want to run? That will help decide what brand pistons you go with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts