Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
How quickly did they burn out? You may have a wire grounding out. Try to trace back some of the electrical lines and see if they have exposed wires. If there's a spot with exposed wire you could just tape it up with electrical tape.

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
the last one it was like 2 weeks, and the one before that was dim
Weird. Maybe you should stop buying bulbs from the Dollar Store :laughing: j/k

That is kind of weird that the bulb was dim from the start. Did they both come out of the same pack? Maybe try a better brand and then if these burn out really fast you'll definitely know you have a problem. Then it could be a few different things. Try to keep dirt and grease off the bulbs when you install them too.

·
asdf
2,373 Posts
i have had 3 194 bulbs burn out on the same side, the front passanger side parking light... am i unlucky or do i have a problem?
my rear driver side brake light keeps burning out like 2 times now in past 4 months. the far left bulb..not smae bulb but weird

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
Swap the bulb from the other side and see. The other side has been working for a while correct?

·
likes to troubleshoot
2,539 Posts
Is the 194 bulb the correct bulb? If it is, measure the voltage directly across the bulb while the bulb is on. It should be at least 12 volts. If the voltage is lower, you have a bad connection to the bulb--most likely the ground connection. Low voltage will burn out the bulb.

To check the ground, measure resistance from the bulb socket ground to another ground on the car. Resistance should be very low--less than an ohm. The ground point for the right front parking light is the same ground as the low beam--G201.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts