Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I guess whoever had my RSX before me didn't know that there was a screw holding on the corner of the bumper and more than likely pulled it and destroyed the tab where the screw goes.

Just wondering if anyone else has had that happen and whats the best way to fix it.
I may try this plastic form glue stuff that my friend told me about, I feel like my car is ugly as hell with the bumper sticking out. :(

Anything else I can use that anyone knows of that will keep it in?

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Post pics if u can

But I'm pretty sure it's just this metal tab that the screw goes into.

U should be able to replace that if I'm thinking of the right thing.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll go take pics in one second.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've tried popping it back in and using a screw... no good. You can see that there isn't even enough material for the screw to hold it in.

When I do pop it in without a screw it stays in for maybe 3 minutes then pops out again.

·
Suh dude
14 Acura ILX Tech
25,974 Posts
i got a way for you.

drill a tiny hole in the back side of the bumper where the lip of it meets the fender lining. drill another hole in the fender lining and run a small zip tie through it , sounds ghetto it works i had it on my car for a few months until i hit a deer and it took the front of my car off.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got a way for you.

drill a tiny hole in the back side of the bumper where the lip of it meets the fender lining. drill another hole in the fender lining and run a small zip tie through it , sounds ghetto it works i had it on my car for a few months until i hit a deer and it took the front of my car off.
I may try that, sounds like it should work, that is if this plastic glue crap doesn't.

I guess you are supposed to be able to make any type of form out of the glue and when it hardens you can throw a screw through it and its solid. I may be able to remake the tab I'm thinking.

Anyhow if I took it to the dealer they'd probably want to replace my entire bumper.

·
spirited driver
17,531 Posts
i got a way for you.

good idea...i have the same problem...what i did was use a thin piece of metal with 2 holes shaped like this [ o o ] and just screwed the right one into the bumper with a tiny screw and lined the other hole up with the existing torn hole...seems to be holding up but its not perfect the bumper still bulges out a bit

this is a common problem that a few people have had

·
Registered
359 Posts
i fixed mines by have a friend hold the bumper as it was in place, and just get a longer wood screw and drilled another whole close to the last tab, but i drill it right into the clip that on the fender, cant even tell.

·
Registered
337 Posts
i got a way for you.

:iamwiths:....do that i did the same with my old prelude...should work fine good luck

·
king of rentals
48,362 Posts
i have that same problem on both sides... i cant zip tie because my bumper has to come off alot... so should i just figure a way to ghetto rig a washer to make it fit?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts