Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mr. Toma Enterprises
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ransmission=Manual&max_price=26000&cardist=33

so basically thats the G i wanna get

heres the thing

this is what he says ". Its a leased vehicle that i am just trying to sell. Im not actually making any money of the car. I am just giving the option for someone to buy it from me instead of the dealer. But the way the sale has to happen is that i sell it to infiniti and they sell it back to you at my price. and before they can sell it to you they have to certify it."

and i told him, basically ok well i dont wanna deal with the dealers bs and the certification process(bad experience certifying a Toyota Sienna) and so i asked him is the sale through you or the dealer?

he says "Well no im not getting it certified in the same sense. The sale goes through the dealer, but they have to do it at my price. I have to do it through them because of the fact that its a lease. But yeah basically the sale is done by me through the dealer if that makes sense."

ok.. am i a nub or is this a bit of an interesting story?

cliffs: wanna buy g35 and found one
dude says he has to get his car certified(lease)
but also says if i want to buy the dealer has to sell at the price HE wants..

i need some help guys, so your opinions are very much appreciated

·
Omnomin' outta control
21,810 Posts
Well essentially you are going to be paying his loan off. You will go to whatever company did the lease, figure out the payoff, and handle all of the funds exchangements. If the payoff is higher than what price you agreed on, than he will pay the difference, if it is less than he will collect the difference. Its not super complicated or anything, he might be a bit confused with how it works.

Run a carfax on it and make sure there are no title issues, don't take his word for it!

·
b0000000000st
2,447 Posts
Well essentially you are going to be paying his loan off. You will go to whatever company did the lease, figure out the payoff, and handle all of the funds exchangements. If the payoff is higher than what price you agreed on, than he will pay the difference, if it is less than he will collect the difference. Its not super complicated or anything, he might be a bit confused with how it works.

Run a carfax on it and make sure there are no title issues, don't take his word for it!
:iamwiths:
Good info/advice there

And you are a "nub" at spelling "n00b" :laughing:

·
Mr. Toma Enterprises
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh, good advice indeed.. alright alright, yah pretty much from what he told me, it was very hazy , you know? like it didn't add up, so i dont know, if he's in the dark with the stuff, who knows wut else right? eh thanks for the advice guys, and NUB is another spelling of noob haha ^_^

·
Mr. Toma Enterprises
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, apperently it seems the car would be sold to me... not taking over the lease, but basically i would have title in hand,but it would need to go through the dealer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts