Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, Im from Hong Kong and new to this forum!:run:

I currently own a 7th gen. Accord (AT) and planing to buy my first MT car. The RSX attracted me by its design, although its 10 years old already.:love

Today, I go with my friend(he drove MT) to meet a RSX seller. Its a 2005 Base model.

After test drive. My friend said the car look normal except the tyres are having unbalanced wear. The suspension is stiff and the gear box is not giving feedback when shifting(not click in gear, feel loose he said:rolleyes:)

Others than that, one of the major concern from myself is the welding near the rear boot, don't want to buy a lego car so attached a photo and hope RSX owner can help to identify them as normal or not.:eek:

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your attention:fistbump:

Attachments

·
Jimbo's Cowering Employee
4,131 Posts
The weld looks normal. I've got the same seams in my trunk/boot also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't remember having a weld there... Maybe i just never paid attention lol

How many miles does the car have? Stiff suspension might just be lowering springs previous owner put on, or is it still stock height?
The car have about 87,000 km(about 54k miles). Owner said its stock, but I saw the front is a bit lowered

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the one question youre from hong kong and your buying a basemodel rsx ... Why.......
In HongKong, we have so little choice on manual car. Only some late 90's corolla/civic/Mazda, some 1500cc hatchback, or you are getting a Minis(not saying bad thing on them;)).

There are some Honda's out there but they are type-R version, they are great car but most of them are heavy modified. I do my own maintenance and I don't trust much on local auto shop especially for modifying car. Seems that people are not likely to modify a base model that much compare to type-s/r.

In this little city, type-R also represent a bad image (illegal racing, gangster) for the police and you are asking for trouble if you put a huge exhaust on them:D

Before I choose RSX/Integra, I was looking on some fit/jazz but just afraid of under power since Im already driving an mid-sized car.

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
If the car was lowered incorrectly; that may explain the odd tire wear pattern. Check to make sure the springs have not simply been cut shorter.

The gearbox shifter sloppiness is somewhat normal. You can buy new parts for the shifter box to make it feel tighter.

And make sure to check the spare tire compartment for water or rust. Leaking tail light lenses is a very common problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts