Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so heres deal. Im looking at buying a salvaged 06 si. Its in cali. The place selling it doesnt have title for it, only a salvage certificate.... I called the CA DMV and they told me all I needed to do was bring in the salvage certificate, bill of sale, and brake/light inspection. They would then mail me a california title back to missouri, where I can get the title transfered to a MO title and then be good to go... This seems a little to easy, am I missing something?

·
Bring em out!!
996 Posts
why would u wanna buy a salvaged SI....save yourself a headache and buy a car w/o a salvaged title!

·
Name's Vic
14,753 Posts
if the air bag has gone off, your gonna need that side seat belt, airbag, and airbag module, front crash or side sensor has to be replaced as well.

·
Lurker
34,690 Posts
I was the car, in person?

was I a transformer or something?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

yea, dont waste your time with that p.o.s .. i would NEVER buy a car out of state.. especially when u live like 1500 miles away

·
Registered
318 Posts
well if he can't afford to buy a brand new one, the best thing he can do is buy a salvaged one...am I wrong?
Now I'm not totally for it, nor am I totally against it. But if you're going to buy a salvaged car, make sure it's titled salvaged WITHIN YOUR OWN state.
If you do decide to buy an in-state salvaged car, do 2 things: 1) Get a CarFax report [but 99% of the time, you won't have CarFax BuyBack Guarantee on it] and 2) Take it to a Honda dealership and have it inspected [I don't know if they do this in your state, but they do it in CA..costs $100 bucks or so but it's definitely worth it]
let me list you the drawbacks of buying a salvaged car mate..

- Insurance Cost...your insurance will be quite a lot higher.
- Possibility of your car not being aligned perfectly no matter what (if it was in an accident)
- Horrible resale value...you will not get much out of the car if you decide to sell it, so make sure you are willing to keep the car for a while.
- The car might rattle.
- Handling might be worse...depending where it was hit
- The body might not look aligned

good luck with your decision! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
California brake and light inspection usually costs around $100 as well. And that's if they don't charge you $10 to change a tail light bulb!

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
Do Not Buy A Salvaged Vehicle !!!!

and a "lightly damaged" car, will not get slapped with a salvaged title.
:iamwiths: unless it was a recovered stolen vehicle...

and salvage tittle FTMFL...

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
LoL... dude, if you can't afford a new SI and you want to save 5K by getting salvage, DONT GET AN SI!

Go get something used or just get a Tc or some crap...

I'm with most people.... Dont buy salvaged

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I definatly see where you guys are coming from... However I have a very strict budget that I cannot go over. From the pics (yea I kno) it looks very clean and body looks aligned. The seller "says" that it was re-aligned and has over 2,000 miles on it after it had been repaired...dont you think any major issue would have arisen by now?

Ok, salvaged 2006 si with 10k miles OR clean title 2002-2004 type-s with 30-50k miles?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I definatly see where you guys are coming from... However I have a very strict budget that I cannot go over. From the pics (yea I kno) it looks very clean and body looks aligned. The seller "says" that it was re-aligned and has over 2,000 miles on it after it had been repaired...dont you think any major issue would have arisen by now?

Ok, salvaged 2006 si with 10k miles OR clean title 2002-2004 type-s with 30-50k miles?
I would go with the Type S unless you can take the Si IN PERSON to a Honda dealership to have it inspected...before you buy it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts