Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
02 Rsx Base converted to manual k24a2
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i was wondering if i could get some input on this. I found a great deal on an ep steering wheel, but it was deployed. Would it be safe to swap out the rsx air bag unit and putting it into the ep steering wheel? I am wondering how sensative those units actually are and if it would be fully functional in an rsx after the initial air bag swap. any input is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Disconnect your battery for a good 20 minutes or whatever the standard is first. Also, while you have it out, always keep it witht the front up. There are urban ledgends of these things going off while the front is down and launching and really fucking people up.

·
Sacked!!
2,031 Posts
Disconnect your battery for a good 20 minutes or whatever the standard is first. Also, while you have it out, always keep it witht the front up. There are urban ledgends of these things going off while the front is down and launching and really fucking people up.

Actually it is much safer and the industry standard to keep any undeployed air bag face down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts