Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for all the exhaust owners out there. I have a Type-S with nitrous. I am looking to buy a catback exhaust. However, I am looking for a couple of features that should narrow down the field.

1. It must be fairly quiet at all RPM's. I don't want the ricey coffee can noise. I realize these things scream in VTEC so I'm not concerned with that. I just want to be able to come back from a road trip and hear someone talking to me.

2. Power gains are the maximum in mid to high range. It's a four cylinder, so I will never have good low end. Give me the power up top where the engine can realy make use of it.

From what I've heard, this limits me to only a couple systems. The ones I can think of are the DC and the Borla. Give me your opinions and let me know what they cost you
:p

Thanks everyone!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
have u checked out the sounnd clips?

·
RSXoholic
1,051 Posts
have you checked out the search function. theses been about 4 threads asking the exact same thing in like the last two weeks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
TANABE - SUPER MEDALLION RACING SPEC - EXHAUST

I have the Tanabe Super Medallion Racing Spec exhaust. You can feel it pull harder from mid to top end on the RPM range. I make trips to Pittsburgh every other week. The exhaust is quiet while cruising. It's not loud and it's not quiet either, but just right. I got mine for $500. They usually sell around $600 - $700.:spin:

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
I love my Borla. It does have a deep tone to in the low rpm range but not to farty. I think I got mine off of Summit's site for a little under 600 or 600 even. Just wish they would make a header for our car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the Tanabe Hyper Madallion on my TypeS. Its not loud at all. There is a little sound and what little sound there is it sounds good too. There is more mid to high range power also. Just thought I would let you know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts